Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 8 of 8]

176 Re: The Solarus System on Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:00 am

Willem

Member (Bruellen)
Member (Bruellen)
Carl wrote:That's why I put it in Quotations ffs

Ban him.  Razz  jk

I'm fine with the names Carl listed, they aren't ugly words or anything. As long as they can be slotted into history, as Juls pointed out. Then I see no problem. It's not like anyone has offered any alternatives.

View user profile

177 Re: The Solarus System on Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:24 am

Agunter999

Member (Bergenstein & Kallvarde)
@Juls why on adonia must all the tribes be backwards like earth, why can we not have some difference??? Why are we stuck having things too similar to earth. We need some differences.

View user profile

178 Re: The Solarus System on Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:58 pm

It is more complex than you think.

View user profile http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

179 Re: The Solarus System on Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:59 pm

Agunter999

yes, I know there are lots of factors, but our geography changes lots of it!

View user profile

180 Re: The Solarus System on Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:45 pm

I'm studying Human Geography course at the moment; the geography of the Slavic population you are trying to imply is actually more Southern and more dislodged from the rest of the world (Look at the East, you see a desert and the steppes separating it and in the north a huge sea [Alcadean Sea] is separating them.) The slavic tribesmen also do not have the proper monopoly to the grain market (welfare system). It remained at subsistence farming and no new technology was invented, in which I bring to you the most important word: EMPIRICISM. The Greeks and the Romans have established a system of numbering (The 1-60 System) and a code (called the Alphabet) gave rise to empirical observation that the Slavics or any other tribes completely lack. If you consider those last two points, your argument that the Slavs or tribes could have been more different than in earth is supported, but in a completely opposite way that you could have imagined. It empowers more the Sinopian and the Calibrian Regions of Alcadea. Whilst that the Slavs are stuck to the Southern Part of the Alcadean Continent, the Sinopians have already established global trade in the sea and could even have moved further to the north to trade with the other islands in the Solvanese Ocean. It could have also established the first trade with the Nerideans, and their voyages could have easily bypassed Central Althena to Samastra.

View user profile http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

181 Re: The Solarus System on Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:31 am

Juls

Member (Sinope)
Member (Sinope)
Carl wrote:btw those are Roman And Greek gods

Yeah, I checked, but they don't make sense with planets or such Razz

Also gg Carl <3

And why everything must be similar to Earth (not carbon copy) is because of culture and languages. The two things we can't really change, especially languages. As all cultures and languages interacted in the world, we need to use as much similar relations in Adonia than on Earth so that Adonia would make sense. It wouldn't be logical to have let's say, Phoenecians to have conquered the world or whatnot, not because of militaristic realism, but because of linguistics and culture. While the Roman and Greek cultures prevailed and the Phoenecian became extinct. Adonia is already very different than Earth Razz But languages can't change and there's a price to the liberty we can have associated with it, sadly.

View user profile

182 Re: The Solarus System on Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:05 am

Willem

Member (Bruellen)
Member (Bruellen)
Not to mention the isolation of one half of the Germanic languages from the other. Razz

View user profile

183 Re: The Solarus System on Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:19 am

Agunter999

Meaning North brullanics at an early stage must have conquered the south area

View user profile

184 Re: The Solarus System on Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:48 am

Scotch Moen

Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)
...This is like, what, the start of USNW's third year? You figure we'd have all this down by now.

View user profile http://www.dehyan.deviantart.com

185 Re: The Solarus System on Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:40 am

Agunter999

you would wouldn't you

View user profile

186 Re: The Solarus System on Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:02 pm

Jon

First Minister (Kaskaskia & Insulo)
First Minister (Kaskaskia & Insulo)
Well as people have come and gone things have been changed to reflect their countries. When we started out it was more about just our countries, which makes sense when you consider that this was born out of what we had in COFR2 where there were no NPCs. So not enough was done at the beginning and things keep getting changed by the union as a whole or to make people's countries make more sense. A lot of this ended up being done without much thought about the planet as a whole, and so here we are. Razz

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum