The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Proposal: Ending of the United Sovereign Nations of the World

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Kurt

Admin (Shayden)
Admin (Shayden)
My fellow (ex-)members. Our union is nearing its end. USNW is an inactive waste, we just lost two members and three if this union continues.

I joined this union when I was 15. Through these two years, I have met wonderful people thanks to this union, had a lot of fun in this union, and even had to deal with members in this union as I was trusted with the honor of keeping this union pure.

Though those times have ended.

The members are inactive, some role-play completely out of hand if any, and mostly everyone at this point has moved on in their lives. I will be included in that group no matter whether this proposal is passed or failed.

I would like to propose an official end of the United Sovereign Nations of the World. To end this union is the only honorable solution we have, compared to letting to waste away as it stays alive due to inactive members.

With this proposal passed, I will move all of the Nation Showcase's into the archives, and remove everyone's member status to mark the end of an era.

We had our fun, but it has come to an end. Please be merciful and euthanize our beloved union which will meet a demise either way.

View user profile

Juls

Member (Sinope)
Member (Sinope)
Support.

View user profile

Scotch Moen

Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)
Flare for the dramatic, huh.

View user profile http://www.dehyan.deviantart.com

Kisa Atsuko

Member (Sundanesia)
Member (Sundanesia)
lol I neither support or disagree so I'm neutral... Razz

View user profile

Agunter999

Member (Bergenstein & Kallvarde)
I say we should still keep the Skype chats though, for the sake of it all

View user profile

Kurt

Admin (Shayden)
Admin (Shayden)
The Skype chat can stay, there is nothing wrong with that. I am just proposing to close the union to preserve what good it has left. Razz

View user profile

stanislavsoltys

Member (Malinova)
Member (Malinova)
I fully support this.

View user profile http://www.freetrojan.gov/obamacare/government-funding.htm

jmsepe

Member (Teiko)
I guess I will support this. Too bad I haven't experienced a lot yet but then again we need to choose the better choice.

View user profile http://teiko-about.blogspot.com

Kurt

Admin (Shayden)
Admin (Shayden)
Should I add in the option to merge with AIN? I hate the option, but this is a democracy.

View user profile

Agunter999

No hold this off until Zach posts his official proposal then make a combined vote Wink

View user profile

Jon

First Minister (Kaskaskia & Insulo)
I do not support this.

View user profile

Trevy

Member (New Terrance)
Member (New Terrance)
I do not support this either.

View user profile

Agunter999

Please wait until Zach has properly proposed the change before passing judgement
Div moment, it is up now

View user profile

Kurt

Admin (Shayden)
Admin (Shayden)
I wish to ask members who do not support this what they feel will happen if we don't end the Union. This union has been inactive for months, with very little happening in it and nothing probably going to happen. A spring of activity probably won't happen as we don't have enough members who could or would be active enough to do it.

There are some people who don't support this but aren't even active on the forums at this point. Though if the majority finds that it is better to let the union die slowly and without honor, so be it.

View user profile

Jon

I don't exactly understand the obsession of dying with honor. Honestly, if the union dies, it dies. Unless something truly monumental happens I don't see how ending the union by a vote is any different from it slowly fading away into obscurity. I may not be around much, but I am awfully proud of what we have created here, what it once was, and what I think it can continue to be. Honestly, we've never been perfect, and sometimes we may have the wrong decisions both as individuals and as a who, but have grown rather attached to this union, everyone in it, and everything that has been created by all of you wonderful people. Being attached to it as I am, I can't see any difference between the options for it's demise. No matter if it happens via a slow plunge into obscurity, a vote, or a merger with another union, something I have put a lot of time and effort into supporting for several years is dying.

With that in mind, I think I'd rather give it a chance to live. This period is not one that has traditionally been very active for our union. While it may seem like the time when many of our members don't have school to contend with would with would be more active, the opposite seems to be the case. I also would like to point out that this union has been much closer to dying several times before. If nothing changes and the inactivity continues, I don't think that can change everything that this union was.

This is my basic opinion on the matter, I'm rather tired now so I may have missed some things, so I might elaborate a bit when I actually get some sleep. No matter what happens, I will help with the carrying out of the decision. If you want to end the union, I'll try to make sure everything gets properly shut down and archived, if you want to continue I will do my best to take care of it.

View user profile

jmsepe

Member (Teiko)
I haven't made a final decision yet. This time I need to see the weight of determination. I haven't been in this union for long and I wanted to experience more of it. If any member wishes to leave, he is free to go but as for me, I really wanted to see more and I request all honorable members of this union not to put into waste what have been done.

Also on a lighter note, I cannot accept that things go rumbling down swiftly. I had a hard time entering this union and I can't let all those things go to waste.

Will

Member (GSK)
Jon wrote:I don't exactly understand the obsession of dying with honor. Honestly, if the union dies, it dies. Unless something truly monumental happens I don't see how ending the union by a vote is any different from it slowly fading away into obscurity. I may not be around much, but I am awfully proud of what we have created here, what it once was, and what I think it can continue to be. Honestly, we've never been perfect, and sometimes we may have the wrong decisions both as individuals and as a who, but have grown rather attached to this union, everyone in it, and everything that has been created by all of you wonderful people. Being attached to it as I am, I can't see any difference between the options for it's demise. No matter if it happens via a slow plunge into obscurity, a vote, or a merger with another union, something I have put a lot of time and effort into supporting for several years is dying.

With that in mind, I think I'd rather give it a chance to live. This period is not one that has traditionally been very active for our union. While it may seem like the time when many of our members don't have school to contend with would with would be more active, the opposite seems to be the case. I also would like to point out that this union has been much closer to dying several times before. If nothing changes and the inactivity continues, I don't think that can change everything that this union was.

This is my basic opinion on the matter, I'm rather tired now so I may have missed some things, so I might elaborate a bit when I actually get some sleep. No matter what happens, I will help with the carrying out of the decision. If you want to end the union, I'll try to make sure everything gets properly shut down and archived, if you want to continue I will do my best to take care of it.

I have to agree here. And I know i've been quite inactive myself, I no longer have much motivation towards city making, various other things going on in life, but I don't see why a forced end as such that's been proposed in the last few days is necessary, if anyone sees this union as dead they're perfectly free to go, from the point of view of someone who's been around the whole community in various capacities since 2009, I would rather see people who want this union to survive try and contribute and create activity, do as I say not as I do, I really have nothing to contribute anymore. From my own point of view, I was at the AIN for a while, and to me it just wasn't the place I wanted to be, nothing against them but its a matter of personal preference, and I don't think that option should just be shuddered. I'm willing to try and get some activity started up here if it will save this place, I just don't see why we need to euthanize it, if it dies let it die a natural death, I'd rather die of old age than have someone put a needle in my side and kill me that way, why not let our union be the same way?

View user profile

Scotch Moen

Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)
I am perfectly capable of continuing what I've been doing. It seems to me though that people have grown used to the idea that if you don't play simcity then there's not much you can do here. That's horribly wrong. Roleplay through literary means can be quite expansive. (trust me, I've seen the posts on a dedicated Roleplay forum, those guys are beasts and expect the same monster posts from others) I've seen what a Roleplayer can actually do, so it also seems that some of us just don't have it in them to Roleplay appropriately in order to contribute to a group's prosperity. If they think the forum's dying, then they can leave if they wish. No one's forcing anyone to be here. We'll be sad to see you go, (and not so sad when we nuke your country for fun. Wink ) but it's a completely okay choice to make.

I'm glad Jon and Will have the mindsets that they do. This is a great place! I mean we have our own freakin planet. All the other Unions are Earth based and restrictive and either too legal serious or just downright nuts. We've achieved a mutual understanding of what is where and how. The USN is exactly what we wanted the AFDES to be. And you know what, a Union is still alive even if there's only two people roleplaying in it. Let the roleplay tango never see it's final dance move.

Willem

Member (Bruellen)
Member (Bruellen)
If something has a cold, you don't euthanize it. You nurse it back to health. Wink

View user profile

Kurt

Admin (Shayden)
Admin (Shayden)
After thinking, I have realized the error of my ways. I want to apologize, endlessly for my mistake and foolishness. I have been wanting to do this for a few days but finally got the chance to do it just now. I wish to drop this proposal.

I apologize once again. Thankfully I have been shown the error of my ways by the multiple members who still care and love this union.

View user profile

Scotch Moen

Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)
Here, have a forgiveness cookie. Razz

Will

Member (GSK)
Kurt wrote:After thinking, I have realized the error of my ways. I want to apologize, endlessly for my mistake and foolishness. I have been wanting to do this for a few days but finally got the chance to do it just now. I wish to drop this proposal.

I apologize once again. Thankfully I have been shown the error of my ways by the multiple members who still care and love this union.

It's fine, no apology needed in my opinion, I can understand where you're coming from, just disagree.

Mike, do you have regular cookies too?

View user profile

Scotch Moen

Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)
COOKIES

My teeth hurt..

jmsepe

Member (Teiko)
Yay, now RP mode. Razz Waiting for 26. In the meantime, Teiko is definitely worried with Okaikan and Nakahara unification.

Agunter999

We still need a on the merger

(Suggested poll choices

No Merger whatsoever
Merger with proposal made by Zach
Merger on different terms to those specified)

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum