The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

1st Euphemian 13 Summit

+3
alerules22
Juls
Scotch Moen
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

11st Euphemian 13 Summit Empty 1st Euphemian 13 Summit Mon May 05, 2014 9:25 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

Welcome to the First Euphemian 13 Summit
Located in Sunny Saint Nors, Folland in the Vidar Province.
- - -

1st Euphemian 13 Summit Anaheim-Convention-Center

The Euphemian 13 Summit is a conference between every Euphemian Nation and it's representatives to discuss mutual cooperation and goals, both cooperative and singular, in Economics, Transportation, Infrastructure, Energy and Military matters concerning the continent and it's hundreds of millions of citizens. Transportation to the venue has been arranged by the Follandan Government via the nearby Larson Nors International Airport and private vehicles. The summit will take place from today, the 5th of May to the 12th of May. 

On behalf of the Follandan People we welcome you to Saint Nors.

- - -

*Opening Speech by Secretary of the Republic, Gerry Bennan*

Ladies and Gentlemen of Euphemia. It is my pleasure, as well as the Follandan Republic's pleasure to welcome you all to the first Summit gathering of the Euphemian Thirteen. When I first proposed this idea to the High Council, I received more than just a few snickers in reply. 'Why bother?' one said. 'We have the Euphemian Bloc and the South Cilician Treaty already.' said another. But that kind of thinking is what keeps us back from progress. From bettering ourselves. We. Are. Euphemian. The Bloc nations don't encompass the entire continent, nor does the S-C-MAT. This Summit is to bring ALL of us together to speak as friends, to speak as cooperative partners in a goal to make our whole continent a better place for our people to live and thrive. True, political ideologies can get in the way. True, differences in opinion have unfortunately lead to conflicts. Even my own government is guilty of using force on more than one occasion. But that's being Adonian. We have our faults, but its us acknowledging that, and choosing to come together anyway that defines us. On behalf of myself, my close friend Prime Minister Panin, the High Council and the Follandan people, welcome to our fine city. Let us start being good friends.

- - -
The Summit is now in Session.

Topics on the Agenda to Discuss:

• Global security; 
  • Escalation of tensions; 
  • Economic cooperation; 
  • Militarization of Euphemia; 
  • Fraesian conflict
  • Oceanic Borders
  • Anti-Terrorism

Last edited by Mik Moen on Sat May 10, 2014 11:45 pm; edited 2 times in total

http://www.dehyan.deviantart.com

21st Euphemian 13 Summit Empty Re: 1st Euphemian 13 Summit Mon May 05, 2014 10:03 pm

Juls

Juls
Member (Sinope)
Member (Sinope)

*Tristan Martel stands up on his seat and approaches the microphone on his desk in front of him*

Ministre des Affaires Étrangères de la République de Fraesie, l'Honorable Tristan Martel:
Merci, mesdames et messieurs. I would like to thank my counter part Mr. Gerry Bennan of the Follandan Republic, as well as the Republic of Folland for their hospitality and for organizing this summit. We've had our differences in the past, and we most surely still have points where we disagree, but we must look together towards the future and what's best for our population and our continent as a whole. Euphemia has never suffered the inner wars of the other continents of Adonia, especially not like Western Althena and Eastern Althena has suffered, and I'd like to think we can keep a long lasting peace on our soils. For that matter, the sovereignty of all the nations in our continent must be respect, in accordance with the principles of international law and the Adonian Community.

*Clears throat* *Takes a sip of water from a plastic bottle in front of him*

We are facing difficult times in Euphemia but also in Adonia as a whole. Tension and instability between states and inside states is rising. Therefore, global security is a major concern for Euphemian nations, who pride themselves by setting the example of modern progressive democracy to the world. We've had our difficulties, Fraesia especially with the Dead War and most recently with the conflict with Folland, but that is a matter to be discussed later on. Nevertheless, the Fraesian population and the Fraesian government would like to see things from a new perspective, a perspective of cooperation between Euphemian nations to achieve global security. We have the means and the power to do so, if only we were to cooperate with each other.

The Fraesian government believes that isolationism isn't an option. Adonia is a global community of nations, and our continent must come out of its isolation and focus on helping our friends around the world in Western Althena, Eastern Althena, Itzamna, Neridea and Carreon. We believe that aligning our mutual foreign policies towards similar goals would benefit all our nations and people. For instance, Fraesia has over the last years supported strongly international positions and policies set by the Acadian Federation. We are proud and delighted by the special relationship that inhabits our two nations and we wish that Euphemia as a whole could hold similar relationships. As much as global security is a matter of first importance, the situation abroad in Bergenstein is of great concerns for Adonia. Euphemian nations have stayed too silent about the situation which is clearly out of control. Moreover, the denuclearization of global threats like Asmiriva, Vanadla and the People's Republic of Peilan should be pursued by the Euphemian nations as a block of influence. Fraesia is a proud signatory of the nuclear non-proliferation treaty. We hope for the future. Thank you.

*Applauds in the room*

31st Euphemian 13 Summit Empty Re: 1st Euphemian 13 Summit Mon May 05, 2014 11:30 pm

alerules22

alerules22
Member (Oxacmela & Balisca)
Member (Oxacmela & Balisca)

*Lorenzo Monterrosa stands up on his seat and approaches the microphone on his desk in front of him*

Secretaría de Relaciones Exteriores de los Estados Unidos Oxacmelanos; His Excellency, The President of The United Oxacmelan States: Lorenzo Monterrosa:
Good day, ladies and jentelmen First of all, I want to send a cordial welcome to all naichons present. A multilateral en*en*encoh*encounter between the leaders of our great countries. Oxacmela is proud to be represented here today. It apprechiates the great volunty of this moment. We are here to respect each other and discuss whatever is for the benefit of our naichons. Before addressing the ishus that we will chare during this meeting, I want to reiterate on be-alf of the people of Oxacmela, our warmest welcome.

First. We must agree that the relationship between Oxacmela and the rest of Euphemia must be multi-thematic; should allow open spaces of opportunity and cooperation in various fields, in a clear and stated goal: Making the Euphemian region more productive, more competitive, it really allows to detonate the enormous potential of our peoples, our naichons have and how much we can push and project from our bilateral relachionchip.

Without the co-operation of our nations, this huge potential shall be null. I hope we all have a great discussion about the future economies of our naichons. Thank you.

*Quiet laughter and applauds in the room*

http://www.usnw.net

41st Euphemian 13 Summit Empty Re: 1st Euphemian 13 Summit Tue May 06, 2014 6:42 am

Kurt

Kurt
Admin (Shayden)
Admin (Shayden)

*David Erickson stands up on his seat and approaches the microphone on his desk in front of him*

Chief of Foreign Affairs for the Shaydian Republic, David Erickson:
Good day everyone. First I would like to say thank you, for inviting Shayden to a meeting as important as this one, and helping push for discussions that will make our continent a safer place.

It is good to see that twelve nations attended and only one decided not to come, as it shows the openness to reform and the desire for communication. I expect this meeting to end on a productive note, with being discussed a majority of the problems in which we face to this day.

Thanks again for coming, and we hope to make some progress.

*Sits down, receiving an applause*

51st Euphemian 13 Summit Empty Re: 1st Euphemian 13 Summit Tue May 06, 2014 11:40 am

Jon

Jon
First Minister (Kaskaskia & Insulo)
First Minister (Kaskaskia & Insulo)

*Christopher Watts stands up and approaches the microphone on his desk, then takes a sip of water*

Minister of External Affairs of Kaskaskian Federation, Christopher Watts:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen.

It is an honor to be here today as we try to look past the recent impediments to cooperation between many of the nations in attendance today and try to chart a path to a brighter future for the Euphemian Continent, a future that we can confidently leave for our future generations so that they may prosper. Having everyone back at the same table, although it's unfortunate that Kuyrut has refused to attend this event, is a step forward this brighter future.

We look forward to cooperating with our neighbors to solve the important problems facing us today, we look forward to working together to make Euphemia a better place.

Thank You.

*Applause*

61st Euphemian 13 Summit Empty Re: 1st Euphemian 13 Summit Tue May 06, 2014 10:40 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

*After letting everyone in attendance speak, Secretary of the Republic Bennan stands again from the Follandan end of the table.*

It is a great sight to see all our neighbors here today, but yes it is a shame the delegation from our Kuyrutian friend won't be joining us, however they may have their reasons, so it's water under the bridge. There's always next time.

*leans forward against the table and glances at his papers*

Our first order of business is one of the most urgent matters we need to clear up. It is a bit of an embarrassing matter but it needs to be settled. I'd like to bring the floor's attention to Euphemian Security and Stability, especially concerning the events that took place on October 8th and 9th of last year. I am not at liberty to divulge the original motives of the decision, but the Follandan Government understands it went over the line in an attempt to acquire something that wasn't even 100% confirmed to exist. Minister Martel. On behalf of Folland, again, I am sorry for the loss of your Airman in a skirmish during the Occupation. Honestly the Military intended the entire act to be non lethal, and we regret the loss of life. However wrong Folland's actions were, though, we cannot dismiss the fact that Fraesia has held some deep opposition toward Folland since the end of the Dead War. As fellow leaders, and neighbors, we just wish that any hidden agendas be brought to light so we can move on from this haunting paranoia.

71st Euphemian 13 Summit Empty Re: 1st Euphemian 13 Summit Tue May 06, 2014 11:00 pm

Juls

Juls
Member (Sinope)
Member (Sinope)

Tristan Martel stands up on his seat and approaches the microphone on his desk in front of him*

Ministre des Affaires Étrangères de la République de Fraesie, l'Honorable Tristan Martel:
It is something that had to be discussed, concerning the nature of it. Fraesia is a sovereign state, and a violation of that integrity is condemnable. But Folland respected our requests and international requests to stop at once the occupation, and of that, we are grateful, as an escalation of that conflict could have prompted into a bloodshed. A war was avoided, and we hope that no such action will be pursued in the future, especially on extremely thin legitimacy. That being said, we can insure the Follandan government that no sensitive information concerning its national security is being held by the Fraesian government.

81st Euphemian 13 Summit Empty Re: 1st Euphemian 13 Summit Tue May 06, 2014 11:10 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

*Secretary Bennan to Minister Martel*

You do realize, I can only take your word for this. As much as the Prime Minister and the High Council hate causing more grief on the Fraesian people, we can't easily dismiss the fact that the current Fraesia Government, which hasn't changed since coming to power at the end of the Dead War, was personally and purposefully installed by a then aggressive Acadienne Government which held much ill will toward Folland. I don't believe anyone here today would want to see a Euphemian "civil war" in the future because anything that could cause harm to another nation was being kept secret and hidden.

*Bennan sighs, and then crosses his arms.*

Minister I won't stand here and badger you on this all day. I'd just like for you to reiterate your response one more time, hopefully truthfully and in depth, and then we can move on.

91st Euphemian 13 Summit Empty Re: 1st Euphemian 13 Summit Tue May 06, 2014 11:42 pm

Juls

Juls
Member (Sinope)
Member (Sinope)

*Tristan Martel glances towards Secretary Bennan, raising an eyebrow*
*Tristan Martel stands up on his seat and approaches the microphone on his desk in front of him*

Well, I'll repeat my statement, as Secretary Bennan seems to need to hear it one more time. No sensitive information concerning the national security of the Follandan Republic is being held by the Fraesian government.

101st Euphemian 13 Summit Empty Re: 1st Euphemian 13 Summit Tue May 06, 2014 11:58 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

*Bennan gives a shallow nod of acceptance*

Very well. I will then take your professional word for it.

*Bennan then takes his seat and folds his hands on the table*

On behalf of the Follandan Government I will announce that the Panin Administration will be providing reparations to the family of the lost Airman, as well as their sincerest condolences for the tragic incident.

Does the floor have anything to add to this line of discussion before the topic is changed?

111st Euphemian 13 Summit Empty Re: 1st Euphemian 13 Summit Thu May 08, 2014 11:19 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

((I'd like to bump and remind we have 4 days left, and we've barely scratched the list of topics requested to be discussed. ))

121st Euphemian 13 Summit Empty Re: 1st Euphemian 13 Summit Sat May 10, 2014 10:38 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

The summit will be extended to the 19th of May.

131st Euphemian 13 Summit Empty Re: 1st Euphemian 13 Summit Sat May 10, 2014 11:39 pm

Kurt

Kurt
Admin (Shayden)
Admin (Shayden)

*David Erickson stands up on his seat and approaches the microphone on his desk in front of him*

We would not like to discuss anything else about this. Fraesia has said the same thing multiple times and it should no longer be a discussion at this point.

141st Euphemian 13 Summit Empty Re: 1st Euphemian 13 Summit Sat May 10, 2014 11:47 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

Folland acknowledges the request, and this topic is now settled.

We now bring attention to the floor the topic of Global Security. Who wishes to begin?

151st Euphemian 13 Summit Empty Re: 1st Euphemian 13 Summit Mon May 12, 2014 9:32 am

Juls

Juls
Member (Sinope)
Member (Sinope)

I have already stated my comments about global security.

(( See first statement ))

161st Euphemian 13 Summit Empty Re: 1st Euphemian 13 Summit Mon May 12, 2014 1:33 pm

Kurt

Kurt
Admin (Shayden)
Admin (Shayden)

Global Security is vital. For when there is the threat of terrorists, a rogue nation, or any other situation that questions a fellow nation who supports its people we must be there to help each other out. Without Global Security and Unity, the world will not improve.

171st Euphemian 13 Summit Empty Re: 1st Euphemian 13 Summit Mon May 12, 2014 8:18 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

Secretary Gerry Bennan
But then, how do we go about this. The usual typical solution used for centuries has always been to protect against danger using dangerous means. How do we achieve security without investing in forceful means of securing. Even a country like Folland, who well over a hundred years of it's history spent none of it militarily, was forced to finally develop it's Army because of the threats of the World War. Because of that the common mindset is that we need Navies that fill the seas with cannons, and vast land armies of soldiers and tanks in order to feel safe.

The only way Folland has stayed out of the Arms Race completely is our dedication against Nuclear Armament.

181st Euphemian 13 Summit Empty Re: 1st Euphemian 13 Summit Tue May 13, 2014 4:28 pm

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

*William Haas, Mitronan Secretary of State, stands up to speak*

As the representative from Mitron, I suggest we continue the trend towards denuclearization. Despite the rising questions about global security, I feel that escalation of the construction of nuclear weaponry, especially weapons of mass destruction, is not the road we should take. Mitron itself has never once held possession of nuclear weapons, as have several nations partaking in this summit. I urge the nuclear powers of Euphemia to continue the shrinking of nuclear armaments, as well as enacting new policies to attain that end goal.

Let Euphemia be a model to the world that peace and prosperity is not measured by the size of our nuclear weapon arsenals, but by the willingness to compromise with other nations and avoid conflicts.

191st Euphemian 13 Summit Empty Re: 1st Euphemian 13 Summit Wed May 14, 2014 5:12 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

Gerry Bennan
Agreed Mister Haas. I do believe our Shayden and Acadienne friends would be the leaders in that regard. As we speak organizations in Shayden continue to decommission their warheads as I'm sure Acadia is also doing. This will be a lengthy process though...

201st Euphemian 13 Summit Empty Re: 1st Euphemian 13 Summit Wed May 21, 2014 4:00 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

The 19th has come and passed which marks the end of this extended summit.

This meeting has been a monumental failure, and I hope it doesn't hold much negative effects on future relations. 

Admins, please lock.

211st Euphemian 13 Summit Empty Re: 1st Euphemian 13 Summit Wed May 21, 2014 5:05 pm

Carl

Carl

Locky

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum