The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Roleplay Proposal | Gaspesia

+4
Jon
Kurt
Carl
Juls
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Roleplay Proposal | Gaspesia Empty Roleplay Proposal | Gaspesia Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:13 pm

Juls

Juls
Member (Sinope)
Member (Sinope)

Roleplay Proposal | Gaspesia Flag_of_gaspesia

Roleplay Proposal | Gaspesia Coat_of_arms_of_gaspesia

Official Name: République de la Gaspésie
Common short name: Gaspesia
Capital and largest City: Gaspé
Population: 5,096,300
Official language: Estruscan
Demonym: Gaspesian
GDP PPP per capita: §55,398
HDI: 0.912
Government: Semi-presidential unitary republic
President: Louis-Joseph Papineau
Council of State: Acts as the collective Prime Minister

Roleplay Proposal | Gaspesia Location_of_gaspesia

Etymology: The name Gaspesia comes from its capital and first Althenan settlement, the city of Gaspé. The name "Gaspé" may come from a Mi'kmaq word gespeg meaning "land's end". However, "Gaspé" may instead be a mutation of the Basclan word "Gerizpe", meaning "shelter".

History: ((Depends on stuff))
Gaspesia was discovered in 1604 by Erlantz Arriola, a Basclan explorer in the service of the Kingdom of Etrusque. Colonised in the 17th century by Etrusque, Gaspesia was a penal colony for Huguenots and other individuals considered as criminals by the Etruscan monarchy. At the arrival of Etruscans, Gaspesia was inhabited by indigenous people that quickly opposed the Etruscan arrival. After repeated assaults on Etruscan colons, Etrusque annihilated the indigenous population. Still today, Etrusque refuses to recognise this action as a genocide.

Settling mainly around Gaspé, Etruscans built Calvinist churches, Dodekatheist temples and habitations. From Gaspé, coureurs des bois, voyageurs and Calvinist missionaries used river canoes to explore the interior of the Gaspesian islands and in nowadays northern Acadia and  Esdikkom. In 1774, Gaspesians rebelled against Etrusque to establish a Republic based on the writings of Etruscan philosopher Jacques Rousseau and Sinopian philosophers. Lead by Louis Riel, a metis, the rebellion was a success.

U/C

Climate: The northern and eastern parts of Gaspesia experience more precipitation and have milder winters than the south-western part. The lowlands around Gaspé have the warmest and sunniest summers but also cold weather and snow in wintertime (especially inland). Southern lights can be seen usually in winter. According to the Köppen climate classification, Gaspesia has a humid continental climate in its northeastern coast and a boreal climate or subarctic climate in the rest of the islands.

Economy: ((Depends on stuff, like Agus and Shub's oil map but if I remember correctly this will be correct))
Largely based on its oil industry, Gaspesia is a market oriented economy with a high standard of living. Its GDP per capita on purchasing power parity was of §55,398 in 2013, mostly because of its oil industry, for a total GDP (PPP) of §282.174 billion. The Gaspesian economy is an example of a mixed economy, a prosperous capitalist welfare state featuring a combination of free market activity and large state ownership in certain key sectors. Public health care is universal, and parents have 46 weeks paid parental leave annually. The state income derived from natural resources includes a significant contribution from petroleum production. Gaspesia has a very low unemployment rate, currently 2.6%, but this takes into account many seasonal jobs. 30% of the labour force are employed by the government, which is one of the highest rate in Adonia. The country is richly endowed with natural resources including petroleum, hydropower, fish, forests, and minerals. Large reserves of petroleum and natural gas were discovered in the 1950s, which led to a boom in the economy. Acadian oil companies dominate the oil exploitation and production in Gaspesia.

Pictures: (March 2010 old, so no h8 pls; btw the pictures don't represent the country)
Roleplay Proposal | Gaspesia 118

Roleplay Proposal | Gaspesia 222

Roleplay Proposal | Gaspesia 316

Roleplay Proposal | Gaspesia 415

Roleplay Proposal | Gaspesia 513

Roleplay Proposal | Gaspesia 614

Roleplay Proposal | Gaspesia 714

Roleplay Proposal | Gaspesia 812

2Roleplay Proposal | Gaspesia Empty Re: Roleplay Proposal | Gaspesia Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:18 pm

Carl

Carl

Skyscraperland Razz

Fine, go on Razz

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

3Roleplay Proposal | Gaspesia Empty Re: Roleplay Proposal | Gaspesia Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:19 pm

Kurt

Kurt
Admin (Shayden)
Admin (Shayden)

Sorry to tell you, but I'm pretty sure members are only allowed to have two nations each.

4Roleplay Proposal | Gaspesia Empty Re: Roleplay Proposal | Gaspesia Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:26 pm

Juls

Juls
Member (Sinope)
Member (Sinope)

Alright, what about keeping it as a NPC? This "application" would then be for members (mostly those with Euphemian nations) to agree with this NPC proposal, would that be possible?

5Roleplay Proposal | Gaspesia Empty Re: Roleplay Proposal | Gaspesia Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:36 pm

Kurt

Kurt
Admin (Shayden)
Admin (Shayden)

Oh, yeah that could be done.

6Roleplay Proposal | Gaspesia Empty Re: Roleplay Proposal | Gaspesia Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:48 pm

Jon

Jon
First Minister (Kaskaskia & Insulo)

If you want to request this become an NPC I believe that is something for the Cartographic Committee to decide upon.

I'll wait for confirmation of this before moving this thread.

7Roleplay Proposal | Gaspesia Empty Re: Roleplay Proposal | Gaspesia Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:57 pm

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

Sorry, but I would not let this pass. I still think we have too many small countries, and not even larger ones. Like, for example, the Esdikkom should not be sovereign, and Fraesia and Kaskaskia could be merged. Just my opinion, but I think we have way too many small countries on Adonia.

Just my opinion. Razz

8Roleplay Proposal | Gaspesia Empty Re: Roleplay Proposal | Gaspesia Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:59 pm

Jon

Jon

Fraesia and Kaskaskia aren't even close to eachother, not to mention that one of them is my country.

9Roleplay Proposal | Gaspesia Empty Re: Roleplay Proposal | Gaspesia Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:03 pm

Juls

Juls
Member (Sinope)
Member (Sinope)

The territory was already there, named Cadonia. As of your argument that there are too many small countries, I must disagree. There are enough large countries imo. And following your logic, Mitron wouldn't even exist.

10Roleplay Proposal | Gaspesia Empty Re: Roleplay Proposal | Gaspesia Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:03 pm

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

I thought they were next to each other? Or no, Ivouvaxaw and Fraesia, those two are next to each other, right? Razz

Sorry, I don't have the map in front of me.

11Roleplay Proposal | Gaspesia Empty Re: Roleplay Proposal | Gaspesia Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:23 pm

Agunter999

Member (Bergenstein & Kallvarde)
Member (Bergenstein & Kallvarde)

Chris having larger countries make some players too super and stops all other players ever having a proper say. Also yeh those puctures really cannot be this country. I nearly missed that note on the top

12Roleplay Proposal | Gaspesia Empty Re: Roleplay Proposal | Gaspesia Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:50 pm

SimEmirate

SimEmirate
Member (Abbasid and Kwangju)
Member (Abbasid and Kwangju)

Eh... Razz

13Roleplay Proposal | Gaspesia Empty Re: Roleplay Proposal | Gaspesia Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:46 pm

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

Why are the pictures there if they aren't of the country? Razz

14Roleplay Proposal | Gaspesia Empty Re: Roleplay Proposal | Gaspesia Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:06 pm

Juls

Juls
Member (Sinope)
Member (Sinope)

I never once used pictures that were of the country. I just provide SC4 pictures 'cause that's the the application format asks. I haven't played SC4 for a year, that's why.

15Roleplay Proposal | Gaspesia Empty Re: Roleplay Proposal | Gaspesia Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:56 pm

Kurt

Kurt
Admin (Shayden)
Admin (Shayden)

Agunter999 wrote:Chris having larger countries make some players too super and stops all other players ever having a proper say. Also yeh those puctures really cannot be this country. I nearly missed that note on the top
Not quite true, though I do get your point. Though please note when Sinope had a say against Shayden, Acadia, and Okaiken when they threatened to sanction Bergenstein. Sinope basically held a front when it came to that.

I do not feel we need more larger NPCs though.

16Roleplay Proposal | Gaspesia Empty Re: Roleplay Proposal | Gaspesia Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:40 pm

Jack

Jack
Member (Acadia & Valessia)
Member (Acadia & Valessia)

I never thought anyone would claim that area. Very Happy If anyone can do it, Juls can.

I can move this to the cartographic committee. I'd love to see this RP'd as a side project.

17Roleplay Proposal | Gaspesia Empty Re: Roleplay Proposal | Gaspesia Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:39 pm

Jon

Jon

Bump? I'd support this as an NPC to replace Cadonia.

18Roleplay Proposal | Gaspesia Empty Re: Roleplay Proposal | Gaspesia Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:39 pm

Kurt

Kurt
Admin (Shayden)
Admin (Shayden)

I would be glad to see this RP'ed. Smile

19Roleplay Proposal | Gaspesia Empty Re: Roleplay Proposal | Gaspesia Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:54 pm

Juls

Juls
Member (Sinope)
Member (Sinope)

This should be moved to the new NPC Committee

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum