The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Proposal new NPC names

+11
Chris
stanislavsoltys
Jack
Kurt
Jon
Agunter999
Scotch Moen
Carl
SimEmirate
alerules22
Juls
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Proposal new NPC names Empty Proposal new NPC names Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:14 pm

Juls

Juls
Member (Sinope)
Member (Sinope)

I'm hereby proposing the following name changes (as seen in red on the map) for the simple reason most of the previous names did not fit the culture and area they were in nor made any sense (no offense to the ones who made up these names, I admire their courage back then).

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img571/474/2kxa.png

Note: replace Suomia by Laskea.

Batavia is the real life alternative name of the Netherlands. As that region is supposedly of catalan/french/dutch culture, a better name could be needed although Batavia seems fine to me.

Please debate.

2Proposal new NPC names Empty Re: Proposal new NPC names Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:17 pm

alerules22

alerules22
Member (Oxacmela & Balisca)
Member (Oxacmela & Balisca)

I think we would have to go even further and create new borders, and some of the names I do not agree on

http://www.usnw.net

3Proposal new NPC names Empty Re: Proposal new NPC names Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:18 pm

SimEmirate

SimEmirate
Member (Abbasid and Kwangju)
Member (Abbasid and Kwangju)

I think Allajia should stay the same, and Iras should be changed to the United Kabier Emirates instead Razz

4Proposal new NPC names Empty Re: Proposal new NPC names Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:41 pm

Carl

Carl

Nuuu not Sukoyria/Mordovia (twas deeply embedded with Okaiken History) Razz

Etrusque is already the name of former Posillipo Razz

Can we get a better name for Dantanaea/Argos, please? Razz

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

5Proposal new NPC names Empty Re: Proposal new NPC names Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:41 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

I have no problem with this.

I just love the sound of Etrusque.

http://www.dehyan.deviantart.com

6Proposal new NPC names Empty Re: Proposal new NPC names Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:17 pm

Juls

Juls
Member (Sinope)
Member (Sinope)

Carl wrote:Nuuu not Sukoyria/Mordovia (twas deeply embedded with Okaiken History) Razz

Etrusque is already the name of former Posillipo Razz

Can we get a better name for Dantanaea/Argos, please? Razz
It's a greek name as a former Sinopian colony, unless it's important in Okaiken history.

Sukoyria is an ugly name, imo. But if it's that important, fine.

7Proposal new NPC names Empty Re: Proposal new NPC names Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:37 am

Agunter999

Member (Bergenstein & Kallvarde)

The ostrechts need to change, I am not so sure about all of these names though

8Proposal new NPC names Empty Re: Proposal new NPC names Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:53 pm

Carl

Carl

@Juls - ikr, maybe we can fix the name a bit Razz

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

9Proposal new NPC names Empty Re: Proposal new NPC names Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:25 pm

Agunter999

I also dislike Magyar

10Proposal new NPC names Empty Re: Proposal new NPC names Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:13 pm

Jon

Jon
First Minister (Kaskaskia & Insulo)
First Minister (Kaskaskia & Insulo)

Can we rename the completely out of place Morsco? I know it's a former member nation but it's a bit ridiculous.

11Proposal new NPC names Empty Re: Proposal new NPC names Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:41 pm

Kurt

Kurt
Admin (Shayden)
Admin (Shayden)

I would approve renaming of NPC nations, though I don't quite care for some of the proposed names.

12Proposal new NPC names Empty Re: Proposal new NPC names Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:17 pm

Jack

Jack
Member (Acadia & Valessia)

I agree with Jon. Razz And we cannot have a "Utrova" due to the possibility of an angry former member claiming that we are plagiarizing or stealing his ideas/work. I don't want a mess, it just can't happen.

Most of those names are okay with me. Why change Euphemian Cadonia though?  Also, Krka was just renamed. Crying Why change it?

13Proposal new NPC names Empty Re: Proposal new NPC names Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:45 pm

Agunter999

I still believe some names need improving

14Proposal new NPC names Empty Re: Proposal new NPC names Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:15 pm

stanislavsoltys

stanislavsoltys
Member (Malinova)
Member (Malinova)

I disapprove renaming Rallistan to Utrova. Utrova's former location should retain the title. Also if you're going to mention me, actually say my name instead of calling me an "angry former member".

http://www.freetrojan.gov/obamacare/government-funding.htm

15Proposal new NPC names Empty Re: Proposal new NPC names Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:10 pm

Jack

Jack

Stan, thank you for your opinion, but this is a topic for Union members to discuss. Until you are a member, I will politely ask you to let the current members discuss modification of the map. As I have said, I want to avoid any mess with any former member, (regardless of their mood Razz) which is why Utrova will not be included on the map. If there is any problem, please PM an admin and it will be taken care of. I advise against you continuing to post in this thread.

16Proposal new NPC names Empty Re: Proposal new NPC names Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:15 am

Juls

Juls
Member (Sinope)
Member (Sinope)

"Krka was just renamed" < doesn't fit the area/culture I just moved it as Jon wanted to keep that name

I changed Cadonia 'cause I find it ugly and not representing any "French" (Etruscan) culture. The "Cado" sounds just like the French word "cadeau" which means gift, so it's just getting on my nerves lol

17Proposal new NPC names Empty Re: Proposal new NPC names Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:21 am

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

Gift land then. Cadeauland. Razz

http://www.dehyan.deviantart.com

18Proposal new NPC names Empty Re: Proposal new NPC names Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:41 am

Agunter999

I think stan should be allowed to post his opinion but as he is not a member it obviasly will not be taken as seriously. Also the angry former member was not an acceptably comment.

19Proposal new NPC names Empty Re: Proposal new NPC names Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:50 pm

Chris

Chris
Member (Mitron)
Member (Mitron)

I hate the name of Callamesia. Name it a better name. Razz

20Proposal new NPC names Empty Re: Proposal new NPC names Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:30 pm

Jack

Jack

I agree that Callemesia should be changed. Razz Also Birani, Lutha, and Eretz should be changed.

21Proposal new NPC names Empty Re: Proposal new NPC names Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:02 pm

Juls

Juls
Member (Sinope)
Member (Sinope)

Lutha's great imo

22Proposal new NPC names Empty Re: Proposal new NPC names Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:58 pm

Trevy

Trevy
Member (New Terrance)
Member (New Terrance)

I would be okay with changing Quechina to Esperia. I never really like Quechina and Esperia sounds more like the region.

23Proposal new NPC names Empty Re: Proposal new NPC names Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:24 pm

stanislavsoltys

stanislavsoltys
Member (Malinova)
Member (Malinova)

I agree with Agunter's last post.

http://www.freetrojan.gov/obamacare/government-funding.htm

24Proposal new NPC names Empty Re: Proposal new NPC names Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:31 pm

Kurt

Kurt
Admin (Shayden)
Admin (Shayden)

I would suggest renaming Utrova due for realism sake. Also I feel this should definitely be a more major discussion taken up by the Cartographic Committee.

25Proposal new NPC names Empty Re: Proposal new NPC names Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:57 pm

Agunter999

Or by the whole union

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum