The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Francistown Times: News from the Imperial Federal Kingdom

+16
Jack
Kurt
YingBlanc
Fox
Qorten
ForthWall
Carl
alerules22
stanislavsoltys
androidboi
Will
Bruce
Jon
Kisa Atsuko
Chip
Daniel
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Daniel

Daniel

Grand, Belluterra, and Malo agree with Utrova, and will do their utmost to send any needed aid to Ruteria.

stanislavsoltys

stanislavsoltys
Member (Malinova)
Member (Malinova)

But seriously Ale, Ruteria is too good to have a downfall, I can tell you're trying to rid of Ruteria. Neutral

http://www.freetrojan.gov/obamacare/government-funding.htm

Daniel

Daniel

Francistown Times: News from the Imperial Federal Kingdom - Page 3 Banner

WAR!
by Rupert Apatax

Francistown Times: News from the Imperial Federal Kingdom - Page 3 GNSMousford
RGNS Mousford, one of 8 naval vessels being sent to Ruteria
MARSBURGH, GRAND- Civil war has erupted in the Kingdom of Ruteria following months of unrest across the country. At the time this article was written, there are three different factions in this war;
1), the Monarchists (and their allies), led by 16-year-old HMR Queen Monica I; they represent the Ruterian Government.
2), the Republicans, who have no leaders, not unlike the drug barons in that respect; they represent a large faction of the general populace of Ruteria.
3), the drug lords, who control most of northern Ruteria, and have their greatest power in the mountainous regions; they have no single leader, and often fight among themselves.

Several countries have already pledged to aid the Monarchists, most notably Greater Morsco, New Chandler, and the I.F.K. of Grand, Belluterra, and Malo. Within hours of Queen Monica making a personal appeal for help, King Charles, as a cousin of Monica and the ruler of a fellow member state of the G5 Alliance, answered to the call, and is currently sending around 600,000 soldiers of the Grand Army, 300 fighter jets, and 8 naval vessels (including an aircraft carrier), not to mention 250 members of the Imperial Guard for the personal protection of the Ruterian Royal Family. The following is an exact copy of the letter sent to the Ruterian government:

His Imperial and Royal Majesty, Charles the First, King of Grand, Emperor of Belluterra, King of Malo, Grand Duke of Royale, Duke of Long Island, Count of Creek, Count of Skarr, and Count of Lake Tranquil will send all the humanitarian aid we can, and will also be sending 600,000 members of the Grand Army, 300 fighter jets from the Imperial Air Force, and one aricraft carrier, two cruisers, and five destroyers of the Imperial Grandian Navy to aid Queen Monica; furthermore, we shall also send 250 members of the Imperial Guard to personally protect Monica and her family.

Signed,

HI&RM Charles I, King-Emperor of Grand, Belluterra, and Malo

After her appeal, Monica boarded her private plane, and is currently headed for the Ruterian dependency of Scotlia, on the other side of the ocean, for her own protection, Scotlia essentially being one giant palace complex.

Usong Song Competition underway
by Phil McMark

Francistown Times: News from the Imperial Federal Kingdom - Page 3 Cxl_screenshot_meralla_8
Meralla Concert Hall, venue for Usong One
MERALLA, DANTANAEA- The Usong competition is well underway, and the winners for Day Three are soon to be announced, as the votes are now in; in the meantime, the countries that are still in the competition are:
Dantanaean Confederation
Die Bundesrepublik Escambia
I.F.K. of Grand, Belluterra, and Malo
Republic of Insulo
Republic of Lisieux
Provincial Republic of New Chandler
Federation of New Friscia
Republic of Palobia
Kingdom of Ruteria
Commonwealth of Shayden

Anticipation is high as to who will advance into the next round.

If you want to see the songs from each of the above nations, as well as the songs of those who didn't make it into Round Two, click on the following link: Click Me!

In other news...

- New Chandler Simlympics underway, Grand currently 7th place with two gold medals and one silver medal
- Rallistan War comes to a close as the mad dicator surrenders
- Giant mutant monster frogs live in Lake Friksel, according to locals
- Don't forget to celebrate Utrovan National Day!

Last edited by Daniel on Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

alerules22

alerules22
Member (Oxacmela & Balisca)

Love it, thanks for putting the Ruterian New. Smile

http://www.usnw.net

Carl

Carl

study hahahaha I knew it Razz

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

Daniel wrote:currently sending around 600,000 soldiers of the Grand Army, 300 fighter jets, and 8 naval vessels (including an aircraft carrier), not to mention 250 members of the Imperial Guard for the personal protection of the Ruterian Royal Family.
Neutral

ForthWall

ForthWall
Member (Kuyrut)
Member (Kuyrut)

Daniel wrote:currently sending around 600,000 soldiers of the Grand Army, 300 fighter jets, and 8 naval vessels (including an aircraft carrier), not to mention 250 members of the Imperial Guard for the personal protection of the Ruterian Royal Family.
Neutral

Qorten

Qorten
Member (Ami Confederation)

Neutral

Daniel

Daniel

We're sending the troops 60,000 per month, and there's a fair chance that by the time we begin to activate the reserves (in mid-January), the war will be over Razz

(and the Grandian definition of reserves is complicated... should I give an explanation? Razz)

Fox

I like the way you've presented your news and the way you've written the information.. very informative.

Also .. was wondering if we could get an update from 3rd Septembers news about the King-Emperor Charles dog.

King-Emperor Charles' dachshund raids kitchen cellar, eats 76 hot dogs

I'd love to see a comic made out of that news story!

Daniel

Daniel

@Fox: LOL, that would make a great comic Razz

Fall of the Imperium opens in theaters tomorrow!
by Constantine Atenokos

Francistown Times: News from the Imperial Federal Kingdom - Page 3 Fellofempire
A sneak peek at one scene from the film
MAGNA AURIDIA, GREATER MORSCO- For more than ten years, this film has been in the planning stages. A film like no other, produced by the famous Greater Morscan film studio Ascenstudios, and directed by the world-famous Martin Alathocaron, this film is the most expensive film in history, costing 260 million enieo, or 520 million dollars, to make. It is also one of the longest non-experimental films made, with a duration of approximately 3 hours 45 minutes. Chronicling the waning days and the final fall of the Anatheonian Empire, and starring a world-famous cast, including John Strattford, Nicolas Princeps, and Emma Salathon, it will premiere at the Theater Imperial on Via Auria at 11:11 AM. After that, it will debut in the other East Althenan countries, plus the ones on Carreon, then Neridea and West Althena on the 18th, then finally Itzamna and Euphemia on the 19th.

Grandian preparations for the Ruterian Civil War underway
by Amy Higgins

Francistown Times: News from the Imperial Federal Kingdom - Page 3 GRANDIANSOLDIERSONPARADE
Uniformed Grandian forces on parade in Marsburgh
MARSBURGH, GRAND- Preparations for the Ruterian Civil War are already underway here in Marsburgh, with the Grandian troop-carrying aircraft being temporarily recalled from Andalusia, where Operation Firestorm is drawing to a close, for refurbishment in preparation for their back-and-forth flights, carrying the first monthly shipment of 60,000 troops, across the Dacian Ocean to their designated landing point near the Ruterian capital, Merida.

Although the battle for Merida was initially sucessful in driving out the rebel forces, the Ruterian military has been pushed back, and the outskirts of the city are now in the hands of the Republicans as of the last report from the area. So far, the only foreign forces to arrive in Ruteria is a team of about 50 highly-trained RISTAT guards from the Provincial Republic of New Chandler, and they narrowly missed being shot down as their plane entered Meridan airspace.

Soon after the initial battle, a presumed Republican sniper was captured, but not before he had shot dead 64-year old Marta Alonso, the mother of the Queen and widow of the late King Juan IV, as well as 12 Ruterian Royal Guards who were trying to protect her. He is currently claiming to have killed over 35 people, besides the Queen Mother and the fallen members of her security detail, which would increase that number to 48.

In other news...

- "He ate my shoe!" Exclusive interview concerning the giant mutant monster frogs of Lake Friksel in next issue!
- Dawn of a new era for the people of Andalusia as Operation Firestorm winds down
- See the miss that bumped us down to 16th place in the Simlympics!
- Plans drawn up for the sharing of New Panutra between Ruteria and Posillipo

Last edited by Daniel on Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

alerules22

alerules22

Really Good Newspaper!!!

Fox

What a horrible thing to do.. kill the Queen Mother.

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

Great newspaper Smile

Yeah, Excellent newspaper! Thank you for the article about the movie.

Carl

Carl

Welcome to Journalism!

Daniel

Daniel

Thanks for all the comments guys Smile I'm making an SC4 update now Razz

Princess May's son is born!
by Frederick Thanson

Francistown Times: News from the Imperial Federal Kingdom - Page 3 Devin
Princess May's newborn son
WESTERN PALACE, GRAND- Yesterday, at 09:52 PM, Princess May's son was born in the Imperial Hospital in the Great Western Palace. He is the first grandchild of Amanthis II and the late Daniel IV & I, and the first great-grandchild of Queen Christine, the oldest living member of the Imperial Family. The Princess Royal is considering several names for him, one of which will be announced in a few days.

An interview with the residents of Frikseltown
by Richard Narrows

FRIKSELTOWN, BELLUTERRA- Over the past two days, we were able to interview a few residents of Frikseltown, a small datewine-producing village on the shores of Lake Friksel, where there have been reports recently of Giant Mutant Monster Frogs swimming or roaming along the lakeshore, and even wandering into people's homes. We will first interview Phil Andrews, a local bartender, who was the first to report seeing a GMMF.
Francistown Times: When did you first see a Giant Mutant Monster Frog?
Phil Andrews: Well, it was about nine days ago, and I was returning home for the evening after my shift at the bar, and I saw a kitty cat!
Francistown Times: Wait, I thought you were talking about a GMMF, not a cat?
Phil Andrews: Yeah, but as I stared at the cat, suddenly a giant frog jumped out of nowhere and scared the cat away! Then, when I tried to approach the frog, it growled at me and hopped away
Francistown Times: .....
(Editors' Note: Following his last statement, Mr. Andrews started ranting about the horrors of the fierce Monster Frog until he was finally quieted)

We now turn to the Mayor of Frikseltown, Mr. Johnson, who reported seeing a whole bunch of GMMFs ten days ago.
Francistown Times: Mayor, could you describe the circumstances of your first sighting of a Monster Frog?
Mayor Johnson: Certainly, it was not long after I returned home from Andy's Bar, where we were celebrating the bar owner's birthday; as I was sitting on my couch, I heard a clanging sound, and, being quite tired, I went to the front door and saw these furry four-legged creatures hopping around and disturbing my garbage cans. I tried screaming at them, but I croaked at them instead, and they barked at me and hopped off and jumped into the lake.
Francistown Times: .....interesting. Ever seen them since then?
Mayor Johnson: Only once more, just outside Andy's storeroom, where I arrested one who was rifling through the racks of winebottles, but the cunning creature somehow escaped and replaced himself with Andy, the bar owner.
Francistown Times: I see. Well anyways, thank you for your time, Mr. Mayor.

For our last interview of the day, we will go to Cray Z. Mann, a guy who lives by himself on the lakeshore some distance away from the village, and only infrequently goes into town for a drink at Andy's Bar.
Francistown Times: Mr. Mann, coul...
Cray Z. Mann: IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD!!! PANIC, EVERYONE, PANIC!!! OUR DOOM IS COM...
Francistown Times: uhhh...
Cray Z. Mann: THE KILLER FROGS ARE COMING!!! BRACE YOURSELVES!!!
(Editors' Note: At this point, our reporter fled the area to avoid further injury to his ears from Cray Z.'s screaming.)

Exclusive interview with HMR Monica I
by Samantha Oaraf

Francistown Times: News from the Imperial Federal Kingdom - Page 3 Monica_I
Queen Monica I
SCOTLIA ROYAL PALACE, SCOTLIA- Today, Samantha Oaraf, one of our reporters for Western Althena, got an exclusive interview with Her Majesty from Ruteria Monica the First, Queen of Ruteria and Queen of the Ruterian Dependencies, covering her views on the ongoing Ruterian Civil War. The interview took place in the Ruterian dependency of Scotlia Island in the Alcadean Sea, approximately three-quarters of which are covered by the Scotlia Royal Palace and its grounds, which are the largest palace grounds still serving as such, covering an area of about 450 square kilometers.
Oaraf: Well, thank you very much for granting this interview. Shall I begin?
Queen Monica: Certainly.
Oaraf: What are your current plans concerning Ruterian international relations?
Queen Monica: The most honest answer I can give you is that I honestly dont know; maybe we will have to resign from the USNW, but as I said, I simply dont know.
Oaraf: Do you plan to return to Merida anytime soon?
Queen Monica: No, I am staying in my current locations for the next 3 months at least.
Oaraf: Do you fear that perhaps you may be forced to take refuge in another country?
Queen Monica: I am currently considering that, and I know my nation doesn't seem safe to me, but it is not as bad as the world deems, although I had to escape for my own security, after several shootings in the Royal Palace, and after the loss of my mother in my own residence, it is not safe to me. I am currently considering moving to Grand, Utrova or staying in my current location.
Oaraf: How long do you suppose it would be until it would be safe for you to return to Ruteria?
Queen Monica: Probably a year at least, but a minimum of six months.
Oaraf: Are the remaining members of the Royal Family in Ruteria going to be joining you soon?

Queen Monica: One of my sisters, Princess Lucia, as she is the smallest of the Family, is currently in Linestecia, and my other sisters are going to Utrova or Grand, and the body of my Dad, and one of my brothers are going to stay in Merida, but my older brother is currently with me.
Oaraf: What do you think should be done about the rebels amassing in the north of Ruteria?
Queen Monica: What I think we could do, is try to look for them, stop them, and send them to jail, but we will kill them if they shoot at us.
Oaraf: Well, our time is drawing to a close, so do you have any last words before we go?
Queen Monica: I would like to thank all people in the world and all nations helping my beloved Ruteria.
Oaraf: Well, thank you again for granting this interview. Khot hap ee ko!
Queen Monica: Ant-Khot hap ee ko tu.

In other news...

- Skieli Airline Alliance formed, open to any applicant airlines
- Grand on the verge of beating its record for most medals won by Grand in the Simlympics - only two more to go
- 10-kilometer perimeter around Merida being cleared by Coalition forces
- Click here to bet on what name you think will be chosen for the newborn Prince

stanislavsoltys

stanislavsoltys
Member (Malinova)
Member (Malinova)

Excellent!

http://www.freetrojan.gov/obamacare/government-funding.htm

Carl

Carl

Nice! Razz

Fox

Giant Mutant Monster Frogs ... hmmm ... is this something we need to fear about pollution and global warming? Or are we under attack from invaders from space or the citizens of The Kingdom of Gansbaai?

Daniel

Daniel

Thanks everyone Smile

@Fox: Question is, are they really frogs? Or are they... (cue animal's name that rhymes with frog) Razz

Victory in Moztlaiztichitl Valley
by Amy Higgins

Francistown Times: News from the Imperial Federal Kingdom - Page 3 Ruterian_soldier_in_the_aftermath
A Ruterian soldier in the aftermath of the battle
MERIDA, RUTERIA- I've just returned from a frontline of the ongoing civil war here, where three days ago, a detachment of troops, composed of Grandian, Utrovan, Malonese, and Ruterian troops, encountered a relatively large body of Republican troops located in Valle Moztlaiztichitl, a narrow, heavily-forested valley about 15 kilometers away from the capital. The Republicans, numbering about 600, were ordered to lay down their weapons and surrender, but instead, they told our Coalition soldiers to leave the area. We replied by assaulting the fortress that the enemy had constructed for their defense. The battle raged on for several hours, but by the end of the day, although about 70 Republican troops had been killed, and several large holes had been knocked in the side of the fortress, they still held it, as their numbers were larger than initially estimated.

The day before yesterday, our troops were able to advance early in the morning, and the Ruterian troops in the vanguard broke through their first line of defense, capturing dozens of Republican troops, including the second-in-command of the garrison. However, the Coalition took a heavy toll in doing so, as 110 troops, or 30% of the forces attacking the garrison, were either killed or wounded in the attack, and so we were not able to advance as far as they had hoped. Later that day, the enemy launched a surprise attack on our positions, aided by a Mellechian jet aircraft. The Coalition troops were forced to fall back several hundred meters, but not without dealing the Republicans heavy blows at each turn. The Mellechian airplane destroyed three armored Coalition vehicles and dozens of our troops, but it was shot down by an Utrovan anti-aircraft crew, and crashed into a mountainside moments after. The anti-aircraft emplacement was blown up moments afterwards by a shell from a Republican tank, which was subsequently destroyed. I was able to exchange a few words with the captain of the AA-gun emplacement hours before the sudden attack, and he expressed the belief, which was not shared by most of the other soldiers in the camp, that "(T)he countries aiding the Republicans are bound to show up very soon; we've encountered them before, in this general area." Thanks to his suspicions, our casualties and losses in the attack were a lot lower than they would have been otherwise.

In hindsight, the surprise attack was a Pyhrric victory for the Republican garrison, as they lost all but three of their armored vehicles in the attack, and 70% of their remaining troops were captured or killed. The Coalition also suffered heavy losses, but three Grandian and Utrovan companies arrived soon afterwards to reinforce our positions. With the new additions, we launched a late-night offensive which destroyed their second line of defense, as well as their remaining armored vehicles, and left only 50 of their troops standing, at minimal cost to the Coalition, as only three Utrovans and five Grandians were killed, and one Monarchist Ruterian was wounded.

Yesterday morning, we launched a final attack on their remaining positions, and when we penetrated the final defenses, the remaining Republican Ruterians surrendered, ending the Battle of Moztlaiztichitl Valley.

Total casualties from the battle:
Coalition: 262 killed, 85 wounded, 37 missing; 7 vehicles destroyed
Republicans: 254 killed, 297 wounded, 49 missing; 25 vehicles destroyed (excluding the Mellechian jet aircraft)

Troix admitted to the Union
by Phil Benson

Francistown Times: News from the Imperial Federal Kingdom - Page 3 57604633
Flag of the Federal Republic of Troix
FORTILLA, TROIX- Spontaneous celebrations are erupting across the city, as it has just been announced that the Federal Republic of Troix, a volcanic archipelago south of the Greater Morsco and the Posilliponian Overseas Territory of Astey, has been admitted as an Ambassadorial Member State of the United Sovereign Nations. Members of the International Assembly, ambassadors, heads of state, and other high-placed USNW officials were quick to extend their congratulations to the people of Troix for attaining this historic milestone in their history.

In other news...

- First comic from the much-awaited Grand and the World cartoon strip released; more on the way
- King-Emperor Charles I set to make a final decision about the succession and governance of the Duchy of Mantaines by Friday
- Singing potatoes and dancing cucumbers reported to navigate the waters of Lake Friksel
- Statue of Posilliponian Admiral Jacques Thomas to be built in Francistown

alerules22

alerules22

You did featured a ugly Ruterian (ehm, 1 out of a 100) Razz Excellent Newspaper, Hoping to see more

Carl

Carl

Cool! Very Happy

A victory in what valley? Razz

Fox

OMG .. what is happening.. first we have hot dog eating dogs, then mutant frogs and now singing potatoes and dancing cucumbers.

I knew Utrova should not have messed around with those nuclear land mines!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum