The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Forum Cleanup: Spring 2013

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Forum Cleanup: Spring 2013 on Wed May 15, 2013 7:57 pm

Jon

First Minister (Kaskaskia & Insulo)
The USNW forums have become rather cluttered over the past few years and many forums are either over or under used. Therefore, I think we should start to discuss ways to make the forums more organized an user friendly. To do this, I have created a Google document with all the forums listed so we can discuss the structure with in-line comments and plan aheads.

The document is located at: http://docs.google.com/document/d/1TEY7zDw6WtFmXhwgcGijfP1-sA8WdRcxUOGNDvtAoSI/edit?usp=sharing

If you would like to be added to the list of editors so you can discuss it there, PM me the email address associated with your Google account. If you are added please follow the instructions and do not edit anything without discussing it with comments.

I think some goals we should have for the changes should be:

• Make things easier to find.
  • Increase activity in National Forums.
  • Reduce redundant forums
  • Reduce layers of sub-forums

Of course, if anyone else has any suggestions for goals they are welcome to propose them here.

View user profile

2 Re: Forum Cleanup: Spring 2013 on Wed May 15, 2013 10:42 pm

Jack

Member (Acadia & Valessia)
Thank you, Jon. We definitely need this. Razz I remember how hard it was to find a map of Adonia when I was first applying; we need to make the forums more straight-forward.
Edit:
Here is a suggestion for the Adonia Planet Project.

(My gmail is "jack3oh3@gmail.com")

3 Re: Forum Cleanup: Spring 2013 on Thu May 16, 2013 8:37 pm

Jack

Bump. Razz Jon can I be added?

4 Re: Forum Cleanup: Spring 2013 on Thu May 16, 2013 10:48 pm

Scotch Moen

Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)
I'd say cleanse the entire thing and just start making the new threads and topics as needed. Course there's a lot of topics here that has detailed crucial info to our nations and whatnot, but really deleting(archiving) everything and starting with a fresh forum would be easier than sifting through the entire place and tidying up. Buuut I'm sure doing my method is either difficult in a way, or impossible to do, so forget about everything I just said. Razz

View user profile http://www.dehyan.deviantart.com

5 Re: Forum Cleanup: Spring 2013 on Fri May 17, 2013 8:20 am

Jon

Jack wrote:Bump. Razz Jon can I be added?

Oops, sorry. You've been added now.

View user profile

6 Re: Forum Cleanup: Spring 2013 on Fri May 17, 2013 5:39 pm

Jack

MikeVM wrote:I'd say cleanse the entire thing and just start making the new threads and topics as needed. Course there's a lot of topics here that has detailed crucial info to our nations and whatnot, but really deleting(archiving) everything and starting with a fresh forum would be easier than sifting through the entire place and tidying up. Buuut I'm sure doing my method is either difficult in a way, or impossible to do, so forget about everything I just said. Razz
I like the idea of starting refreshed. Razz But it would be long and difficult and I doubt we would actually be successful due to communication problems.

7 Re: Forum Cleanup: Spring 2013 on Fri May 17, 2013 10:21 pm

I doubt a refresh too, too much work.

View user profile http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

8 Re: Forum Cleanup: Spring 2013 on Tue May 28, 2013 12:34 pm

Trevy

Member (New Terrance)
Member (New Terrance)
YES! I agree, I am just now getting around smoothly. I think just keeping the usual and important stuff including the CJ and deleting the rest could work.

View user profile

9 Re: Forum Cleanup: Spring 2013 on Thu May 30, 2013 1:07 am

stanislavsoltys

Member (Malinova)
Member (Malinova)
We could refresh, but save everything that's ABSOLUTELY necessary, while also getting someone to backup some maps or threads or whatever.

View user profile http://www.freetrojan.gov/obamacare/government-funding.htm

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum