The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Unknown Lands

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Unknown Lands Empty Unknown Lands Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:22 pm

YingBlanc

YingBlanc

I've been wanting to do RPs with you lot so much, so here it goes, nothing TV based...yet, just a simple steam-punk adventure, but there is a few things I need you to do first.

First off being that it would really help to know of your chatacrer, basically include name, age, speciality, weapon, characteristics. So lay it out as such;

Name:
Speciality:
Weapon :

Characteristics:

So just follow my example, it should be fine Razz

Name: Aurora Skylar

Speciality: Exploration, Herbal Medicines
Weapon : Flintlock Pistol and -947-p.jpg]Halberd

Characteristics: Aurora isn't of an anthropomorphic background with white deer ears and a tail with matching antlers, his green hair makes him very easy to pick out in a crowd. His profession of Exploration means he wears a light brown trench coat and a set of goggles above his eyes. He wears black pin-striped trousers and has no footwear, perfering to walk on the balls of his feet.

Another thing I need to say as well, unlike others in this forum, this will be personal one on one talking and actions, using paragraphs instead of normal "1 sentence RP", this will make it seem more book-like and more adventurous.

To finish off as well, the background of this fine Rp world. It takes place in a Steam-Punk setting where airships rule as a transport method and steam powers everything in classic Victorian houses and buildings. There is nothing futuristic as to say but there is plenty of Sci-Fi, including on this world different forms of beings. You have humans that occupy most of the world nothing special at all with them unless well taught in a speciality.

But then you have Anthropomorphics who are half human half animal (as I am).

Aviens who are basically winged humans who come from the mountain regions of this world.

Chosen who have special abilities, like that to a typical wizard but it isn't learnt, it's heriditory, so spellcasting runs in the family (might attract you Carl).

and finally Imperato who are specially breed humans engaged for war-fare and battle, usually experts in one form of battle only though such as gun-battles, ariel battles between Airships, or as simple as Sword-fights.

So with that Shall we start :3

===============================================================================

Aurora tethered his airship to the large plaza in the middle of the bustling town. Stepping forward on a stage and looking to the plaza in front of him, expecting a crowd to form soon for his announcement which would possibly change history. He noticed many shops surrounding the plaza including a general store, a bar and a weapon-smith. Church spires pertruded out of the skyline which caused many a trouble to low flying Airships. A small crowd started to form and he flicked on a wooden box with a mesh front which resembled a crab catching net, these were the best speakers you can buy in the country, but they weren't the best, but it didn't matter as long as he got the point across. His airship bobbing with the wind, the balloons tied together to make it actually float casting great shadows on the weapon-smith shop. He was ready to make his announcement.

2Unknown Lands Empty Re: Unknown Lands Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:04 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

Is it alright If i jump into this? Character background hidden so not to take up room. Razz

Spoiler:

The town was full of people. Neffer always hated crowds. It gave her no room to maneuver, and she was a sitting duck. She was always at peace away from the crowds, at a good vantage point. Possibly up in the hills outside the city. She never enjoyed being a part of the people she always watched. But this was one of those days she couldn't help it. Her rifle needed a tune up and so a regular visit to a weapon smith was necessary. Get in, get it fixed, get out. But as she waited at the smith for her rifle to be ready, she noticed an airship dock and an Anthro man walk off. He landed in the middle of the plaza? She stood there with her usual scanning gaze and folded her arms, waiting to see what this was all about.

Last edited by Michael-M on Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.dehyan.deviantart.com

3Unknown Lands Empty Re: Unknown Lands Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:20 pm

YingBlanc

YingBlanc

Thankies Mike, yus it's okay for you to jump right in ^_^

Aurora softly tapped his microphone and started his announcement, standing at the edge of the stage, "Hello People of Stonedge" He started looking out to the assembling crowd "I have an exciting proposition for you all, I am looking for crew-mates to go on a surely perilous adventure to the land that nobody has travelled to before, The continent of Ethisica. Nothing is known of this land apart from it's very tribal and any form of communication is almost impossible, but that was before I came. I shall be setting off to explore this continent, but I need able crew-members; defence, offence, healing everything you can think of we will need on this trip. Together we shall make history, now, I shall allow questions to be asked and after, if your interested in this opportunity, please step forward and sign to the expedition, we're all counting on you." He placed the microphone back onto the metal stand, stepped back and awaited questions, if there was any to come.

4Unknown Lands Empty Re: Unknown Lands Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:30 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

Neffer listened with interested ears. Surely this would be a tale to remember. An expedition to far away lands full of the unknown. She had a keen interest in the curious side of life that she rarely, if at all let escape her mind. She always kept her thoughts to herself, but this enticed her possibly a bit, too much. She watched the stage as the speech came to an end and pondered the decision. Her duties didn't demand her stay in one location. She could go where she wanted as long as it didn't interfere with another Imperato's operations. She turned around to retrieve her newly repaired rifle and slung it over her shoulder, and knowing she was fully stocked on ammunition, let her arms fall inside her cloak and made her way toward the stage. She apparently was the first to do so and her status intimidated others from readily stepping forward at first.

Once upon the stage, she walked up the steps and found herself in front of the man, staring straight ahead, being tall for a woman. "I am, interested, in your expedition ship captain. Is there room for me?"

5Unknown Lands Empty Re: Unknown Lands Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:14 pm

YingBlanc

YingBlanc

Aurora looked to the woman approaching him and started to tilt his head up slowly until she was standing in front of him, slightly intimidated but could already guess what role she wanted. "Hello Ma'am, of coarse there are plenty of places on the ship, all you need to do is sign in a tiny little form and your ready." Aurora informed the woman, also keeping focus on the rifle on her shoulder. Sure if the woman herself wasn't intimidation the crowd, the rifle was.

Come on we need more people D:

6Unknown Lands Empty Re: Unknown Lands Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:49 pm

kj34

kj34
Member (Paradise)
Member (Paradise)

I'm in!

Spoiler:
Morgan heard the announcement and wondered why anyone would want to go explore an unknown continent. He had heard rumors about Ethisica, how savage the continent was and the untold dangers it held. Still though, he felt a bit curious and adventure was always something he was up for. So he made his way down to the airship where the announcement was given.
He wondered how they would take him and his...affliction. He had made it a personal mission of his to hunt down the person who had cursed him and make them pay for the thousand bullets he'd be putting into them. But he would cross that bridge when he got to it. He just hoped that when he changed tonight; for tonight was the 6 month mark for him, he had even brought extra clothes in the knapsack he carried on his back under the rifle he always had slung on his back ready at a moment's notice. As he thought, he ran into someone. He looked up and saw he had run into the guy who had made the announcement. At least he thought it was a guy; no, it was an anthro. He had never seen one up close before. "I-I-I'm here about the trip to Ethisica," he stuttered.

7Unknown Lands Empty Re: Unknown Lands Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:34 pm

YingBlanc

YingBlanc

Aurora looked down to the man who ran into him, spotting his rifle as well while looking at him, "Well you'll be fine in my eyes, all you need to do is fill out this sheet and then your ready" he said while giving him a small A4 sized sheet, then continuing by saying reassuringly "you'll get use to me. That's most peoples reaction when they meet me first time."

yays Kenken :3....also the RP night will be fun x3x

8Unknown Lands Empty Re: Unknown Lands Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:08 pm

Carl

Carl

"Sokkasm!"

Spoiler:

Cassio, being in town for the day, overhears announcements that people would explore a new continent soon, called Ethistica. "Ethista-what?" he said to the person beside him. "Wow, what a nice name, very touchy". Cassio, being bored with his hobby, his job and his life, wanted something new and adrenaline-packed; maybe he'll try going to this continent, the one that he calls "The Jerkontinent - Where most of the jerks live".

Cassio went to the center of the town, where people have gathered in droves to sign out for this... expedition to the "Jerkontinent". "Seriously, why would everyone move to the Jerkontinent? Maybe they're all jerks!" he says aside. "Hmmm, I'm a jerk too so maybe I should sign up! I'm way better a jerk than those other people". So he climbed in into the steps and... that's where he met the captain. He was surprised he's taller than the captain.

"I'm interested in this expedition. What a nice ship you have... Maybe, if you have some room for me I would really sign up".

Last edited by ArrowHead on Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

9Unknown Lands Empty Re: Unknown Lands Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:42 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

Those are some advanced pieces of weaponry you two have for a Fantasy old times story. Razz Oh well.

Neffer, having stood aside after signing, scanned the newcommers. Neither of them had shown signs of being nervous around her, although one of them being a fellow Imperato, which piked her interest. She had never had the chance to meet this other Imperato personally, or even professional. Most of them worked alone, or in small groups when the occasion called for it. Neffer was always a lone wolf so she never joined in on the groups. She also got a glimpse at his Rifle slung over his shoulder. Scoped, like hers, but it looked considerably different then hers. More advanced? She hadn't been back to an Armory in a while, so was this what they were outfitting the Imperatos now-a-days? Oh well, she thought. Didn't matter the gun, but the man wielding it. Or woman, in her case.

The other man, the one who stuttered also carried a weapon. At this rate Neffer worried the ship captain might start to worry over the amount of armed passengers coming to sign up. But he needn't worry now that there were two Imperatos aboard. He's more than safe. Neffer folded her arms again across her chest and watched the two men sign up. She wondered when they would eventually notice her presence. Like it mattered though, she didn't need to be noticed. The shadows was her ally. But an Airship was pretty cramped compared to the ground. She was going to have to adjust.

10Unknown Lands Empty Re: Unknown Lands Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:12 pm

Carl

Carl

Wow, thanks for the vote of confidence Razz

Cassio, although worked alone, was pretty a socialite and is very gullible, a weakness many people wouldn't find in an Imperato. But, many people know that Imperatos are very dangerous, and even if they have that kind of personality that would weaken them, they have the lethal abilities...

Cassio have remembered 2 years ago, after losing his original rifle, he bought a new rifle in town. He has not seen any weapon of this kind before, and seeing that it is extravagantly expensive, he has to give up almost half of his personal belongings so that he could buy the rifle. His boomerang also proved to be worthy during the time of strife, although the catch was significantly fewer.

Cassio have seen the guy before in his adventures, but he has not officially nor personally met him; so he just called him "stutterman, or stutter-aw forget it" because the guy seems to change gender every time he sees him. Maybe he was just dreaming. Another person he spotted on the airship is a woman (or again, whatever it was), albeit she looks mysterious. Another Imperato Maybe? "Wow, this place is so weird," he says aside. "Oh well, as long we're all jerks we would get along".

11Unknown Lands Empty Re: Unknown Lands Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:33 am

YingBlanc

YingBlanc

Aurora saw Cassio step up to him, yet again another rifle slung over the guy's shoulder. He looked up to Cassio and said back "oh there's plenty of room" in his mind saying rather tiredly (for another sniper, Jesus give some variety). "All you need to do is sign on the sheet here and you'll be ready to board." Aurora said with a small smile before turning to the crowd and announcing, "Still plenty of room here, anybody else want in?"

12Unknown Lands Empty Re: Unknown Lands Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:58 am

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

Neffer raised an eyebrow at the other Imperato, Cassio, he called himself. His careless personality obvious. "Hardly." she responded to his statement about them being jerks. "I just prefer my own company." she added. She then turned to look at the other man keeping to himself as well, looking him over. "Him, though..." she muttered. To her, he looked like the first who would hide himself in the middle of a fight, but then why would he be armed with a rifle? Did he know how to handle himself in a battle? His social traits seemed shy and inward. Complete opposite of a jerk she believed.

Neffer took in a deep breath before moving toward Aurora, standing to his left. "The Imperato have been discussing the undiscovered lands for quite some time. An expedition, such as this would garner more Imperato volunteers." she elaborated. "Perhaps a stop at an Armory would benefit our journey with more hands." Indeed the unexplored continent had become more interesting to the Imperato in recent years. A new land to exert influence and order, as well as untold resources for the Imperato. She'd be the first to spearhead this new step.

13Unknown Lands Empty Re: Unknown Lands Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:17 pm

Carl

Carl

Wait, there is a Jesus? Razz Also, how did everyone hear my soliloquy?

Cassio thinks that in this journey, everyone at first won't get along. He know someday everyone would just get along and deal with the adventure awaiting them on the "Jerkontinent". However, there are just many times where people would treat him as a careless person.

Cassio didn't want any money -- he have been in this situation before. He fears that money would cause problems - an experience he wouldn't forget. He just wishes that other people won't end up like the thieves who mugged his parents.

He stayed in the airship trying to start a conversation with Aurora.

14Unknown Lands Empty Re: Unknown Lands Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:53 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

I have really good ears. Razz

15Unknown Lands Empty Re: Unknown Lands Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:36 am

Carl

Carl

LOL your ears are bigger as Tenzin's Razz

16Unknown Lands Empty Re: Unknown Lands Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:35 am

YingBlanc

YingBlanc

"I think your correct..." Aurora taking a break to look over the application sheet and continued "..Neffer, stopping at an armoury would do us good both in arming ourselves more than the barrage of rifles here, but also for recruiting more people. I think maybe stopping by the College of Wisdom, see if we can get some Chosen as well for the trip."

(We're not in the airship yet Carl, well you lot might, but not me, still recruiting out in the plaza anyways I'mma introduce a second character, to vary the types of people xD)

Rizl swerve through the crowded plaza, "coincidentally" bumping into people to gain the chance to pick-pocket them, listening half-heartedly to the speech, until the mention of the new land and the tribes, and an idea popped into his mind, an idea that could make him famous without joining the crew. He slowly snook his way around the anthro standing on the plaza still giving the speech and slowly climbed his way into a ballast sack on the side of the ship, where he waited in hope he won't get found, occasionally moving position very carefully as not to fall from the sack.

17Unknown Lands Empty Re: Unknown Lands Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:13 pm

kj34

kj34
Member (Paradise)
Member (Paradise)

Am I alone in thinking some pictures of the characters would be cool? I thought that might add to the story if we had faces to the names.

18Unknown Lands Empty Re: Unknown Lands Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:25 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

Oooh a stowaway thief! And with TWO Imperatos aboard. Juicy plot. Devil And that's a cool idea, I could try to get a photo for Neffer.

I updated my first post with a photo of my character. She's an Elf eared Imperato. Razz Jus'sayin.

19Unknown Lands Empty Re: Unknown Lands Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:47 pm

Carl

Carl

So that's why you can hear Cassio's soliloquy? Razz

20Unknown Lands Empty Re: Unknown Lands Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:17 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

Neffer, nodding in agreement turned toward the ship, ready to settle in now. She wasn't going to stand there on stage all day like some ceremony. She preferred to stay out of the spotlight. It was just her thing. Walking up the ramp onto the ship itself, she caught the slightest bit of movement come from one of the ballast sacks, and glanced at it, giving it a second's attention with inspecting eyes before moving on, boarding the ship and finding her way to the living quarters.

She could wait to relax in her own place. The heavy cloak was starting to wear her down.

21Unknown Lands Empty Re: Unknown Lands Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:03 pm

YingBlanc

YingBlanc

"So....seems that's all they'll be for recruits here...well, Alonze" Exclaimed Aurora, turning and walking up the boarding stairs to his ship. He felt the slight rock as the wind blew his ship softly, looking down onto the crowd, now starting to disperse to continue their activities. "Well we best get settled in, I see Neffer is already on her way to the ship, I think we all should find where we will sleep for the rest of the journey, I'll get the ship airborne, I'm fine until we get the ship crossing the ocean." Aurora explained to anybody still hanging around on the deck of the ship, laying a land out to show where the living-quarters were.

Rizl however was in for a tough night, suddenly feeling himself tugged up slowly into the ships under-carriage and into the actual ship, he opened the bag slowly and found himself surrounded by wooden crates and barrels, obviously in the storage area of the air-ship, suddenly realising he had no weapons on him and panicking slightly of being found, diving back into the sack at the slightest of noises.

(Need to get this running again >_> <_<)

22Unknown Lands Empty Re: Unknown Lands Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:20 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

Getting tired of the day, Neffer descended into the lower deck of the airship. Thinking she could grab any room she so chose, she traveled down the hall to the rear of the ship, where her back would be against the wall per say. She opened the door to a room, took one look, and stepped inside, shutting herself in with her stuff. Finally she could take her cloak and armor off. Slipping her arms out from the cloak, she straightened them up, untied the strings, and pushed her shoulders back, sliding the shoulder piece off.

The room was a tad on the small side, not that much breathing room but she's dealt with far worse on those long winded missions. Only think she had to worry about now was the all male crew that joined up. Well that would be no problem. If one barged in on her in an inappropriate fashion, she'd just shoot them.

23Unknown Lands Empty Re: Unknown Lands Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:40 am

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

Too bad Ying left, this was a pretty good one.

Well, guess it's come to an abrupt(notreally)close.

24Unknown Lands Empty Re: Unknown Lands Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:56 am

Carl

Carl

Yeh, I think of locking the thread because without a head, the body won't move at all.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum