The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Proposal | Carmington Lake/River

+8
Carl
Chip
Scotch Moen
Jon
ForthWall
Qorten
stanislavsoltys
Jack
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Approve the Proposal?

Proposal | Carmington Lake/River Pollle10100%Proposal | Carmington Lake/River Pollri10 100% [ 9 ]
Proposal | Carmington Lake/River Pollle100%Proposal | Carmington Lake/River Pollri10 0% [ 0 ]
Proposal | Carmington Lake/River Pollle100%Proposal | Carmington Lake/River Pollri10 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Proposal | Carmington Lake/River Empty Proposal | Carmington Lake/River Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:22 pm

Jack

Jack
Member (Acadia & Valessia)

I have noticed that Euphemia doesn't really have the great lakes or the St. Lawrence River. In this proposal, a new lake (and possibly more) and a river will be added to the map to represent the Great Lakes and the St. Lawrence River on Earth. Here is my sloppy drawing, I'm sure someone else can do better and possibly add more lakes.
Proposal | Carmington Lake/River Lake10
The Missoula River is shown emptying into this new river, as well.
Kaskaskia Map:
There is also a border change for Acadia and Ivouixkaw to adapt to the new lake.

I'd like to hear your opinions on this and any help/modifications are welcome. Smile

2Proposal | Carmington Lake/River Empty Re: Proposal | Carmington Lake/River Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:24 pm

stanislavsoltys

stanislavsoltys
Member (Malinova)
Member (Malinova)

If you could add more lakes in that area, preferrably more into Ivouixkaw, I would be eternally grateful. Very Happy

http://www.freetrojan.gov/obamacare/government-funding.htm

3Proposal | Carmington Lake/River Empty Re: Proposal | Carmington Lake/River Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:29 pm

Jack

Jack

I want more lakes there, its just that I'm awful at drawing borders and bodies of water. Razz This could help with Euphemia being able to fit more members in, with those landlocked countries becoming less landlocked.

4Proposal | Carmington Lake/River Empty Re: Proposal | Carmington Lake/River Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:43 am

Qorten

Qorten
Member (Ami Confederation)

I'd be okay with it entirely.

5Proposal | Carmington Lake/River Empty Re: Proposal | Carmington Lake/River Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:54 am

Jack

Jack

Great. Smile I still need some help with drawing out more lakes. Possibly someone else in the cartographic committee. Razz

6Proposal | Carmington Lake/River Empty Re: Proposal | Carmington Lake/River Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:48 am

Jack

Jack

I've added some more lakes, but it is still very sloppy. Razz
Proposal | Carmington Lake/River Newlak10

7Proposal | Carmington Lake/River Empty Re: Proposal | Carmington Lake/River Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:55 am

ForthWall

ForthWall
Member (Kuyrut)
Member (Kuyrut)

You should also ask Jon Razz

8Proposal | Carmington Lake/River Empty Re: Proposal | Carmington Lake/River Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:13 pm

Jack

Jack

Yeah, Jon is much better at these things than I am. Razz He could probably help with the names, too.

9Proposal | Carmington Lake/River Empty Re: Proposal | Carmington Lake/River Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:23 pm

stanislavsoltys

stanislavsoltys
Member (Malinova)
Member (Malinova)

If it could be in the NPC's it'll be great. I was thinking of a Great Lakes country on Earth, but now that Adonia's getting the Great Lakes then I might get a nation on Euphemia. Very Happy

10Proposal | Carmington Lake/River Empty Re: Proposal | Carmington Lake/River Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:41 pm

Jack

Jack

We could be neighbors! Very Happy I want the lakes to be bordering Acadia, Shayden, Ivouixkaw, and the river on the Kaskaskia/Acadia border so all countries share them.

Still, help is needed on this.

11Proposal | Carmington Lake/River Empty Re: Proposal | Carmington Lake/River Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:22 pm

stanislavsoltys

stanislavsoltys
Member (Malinova)
Member (Malinova)

Could I volunteer to draw some concept ideas?

12Proposal | Carmington Lake/River Empty Re: Proposal | Carmington Lake/River Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:44 pm

Jon

Jon
First Minister (Kaskaskia & Insulo)

Okay, before I get into my ideas for the lakes (which I am all in favor of), I have to ask why a second river is necessary, the Missoula is a very large river and can support shipping (it is based of the Mississippi.) Additionally the Wabash River currently follows a portion of the route of this new proposed river.

I've highlighted the areas that I have always assumed the rivers followed my borders, because that is not necessarily clear on the map. Obviously since you can't really see it on the map I'm open to changes, but the new river would make the Wabash a very odd river.

(This is the new cleaner map Chip made me, thanks to him for that, even though I've gone and marked all over it)

Proposal | Carmington Lake/River Ksk_river_clarity

I know Kaskaskia is being a thorn in the side right now, but if you are nice to us we'll let you use our river. Razz

I'm working on a quick little map overlaying Kaskaskia's water features with the new plans and my proposals for when I share my ideas. I like the initial shape of Lake Carmington, but that branch of the bottom seems odd to me.

13Proposal | Carmington Lake/River Empty Re: Proposal | Carmington Lake/River Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:31 pm

Jack

Jack

I agree. I just realized after taking another look at your map, that with this proposal, I would be creating an unrealistic island in south-west Kaskaskia.

I would be very happy with you just completely taking this over, as I'm not good at this kind of stuff. I did like the idea of having a river form part of the Acadia/Kaskaskia border, so I assume the Wabash River can follow it. Smile

I agree with the bottom branch part. (It is a flipped Lake Michigan Razz ) I look forward to your ideas.

14Proposal | Carmington Lake/River Empty Re: Proposal | Carmington Lake/River Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:10 pm

Jon

Jon

I drew this up, not completely sure about it. Obviously the rivers in Acadia are just kind of speculation as to the course and you can move them wherever you like. The new names I used are the names of some random explorers. I stopped drawing the course of the Missoula after it stopped following borders, but it would ideally got to a source in the mountains in Western Euphemia.

Proposal | Carmington Lake/River Lakesprop

What do you think about that?

15Proposal | Carmington Lake/River Empty Re: Proposal | Carmington Lake/River Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:25 pm

Jack

Jack

I love it! Very Happy That is absolutely amazing. I have no idea how you do it.

About the source of the Missoula River: I could see that weird border of Folland, Fraesia, and Ivouixkaw being a mountain range, so the area you picked is perfect.

16Proposal | Carmington Lake/River Empty Re: Proposal | Carmington Lake/River Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:33 pm

Jon

Jon

Jack wrote:About the source of the Missoula River: I could see that weird border of Folland, Fraesia, and Ivouixkaw being a mountain range, so the area you picked is perfect.

I believe there is a mountain range on the Satellite Map in Folland, but not knowing exactly where it is I was going to leave the course past that point up to Mike.

17Proposal | Carmington Lake/River Empty Re: Proposal | Carmington Lake/River Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:48 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

Yes there's a large mountain range along the western border of Folland.

Yay lakes. I like water.

http://www.dehyan.deviantart.com

18Proposal | Carmington Lake/River Empty Re: Proposal | Carmington Lake/River Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:05 pm

Jon

Jon

Bump

The discussion here has sorta died down, anyone want to share any thoughts or propose anything different?

Would you like to plot a course for the river to a source in those mountains beyond where I have ended it Mike?

19Proposal | Carmington Lake/River Empty Re: Proposal | Carmington Lake/River Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:13 am

Chip

Chip
Webmaster

I honestly like this a lot. Smile

http://www.usnw.net

20Proposal | Carmington Lake/River Empty Re: Proposal | Carmington Lake/River Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:01 pm

Jack

Jack

I think Mike would be fine with us deciding where the river goes. Razz

21Proposal | Carmington Lake/River Empty Re: Proposal | Carmington Lake/River Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:38 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

Dahh I'm back.

Yeah I'm fine with you carving a path of the river yourself, as long as you don't drown any of my established metro areas. Razz

22Proposal | Carmington Lake/River Empty Re: Proposal | Carmington Lake/River Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:21 pm

Jack

Jack

Big bump! Are we going to vote on this? Razz

23Proposal | Carmington Lake/River Empty Re: Proposal | Carmington Lake/River Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:43 pm

Carl

Carl

Yes I think so Razz

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

24Proposal | Carmington Lake/River Empty Re: Proposal | Carmington Lake/River Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:33 pm

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

Poll started and Voted!

25Proposal | Carmington Lake/River Empty Re: Proposal | Carmington Lake/River Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:39 pm

Carl

Carl

Voted.

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum