The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Roles of Trentannia

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Roles of Trentannia on Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:15 pm

Will

Member (GSK)
This comes from a skype convo a few of us were having a bit ago on Trentannia. This is important to me since I'm doing another sort of Britain and could possibly be for years to come.

What we know so far:
-Trentannia's GAW role: Leading Imperial Power
-Trentannia's colonial role: Along with Morsco, Posillipo and Insulo, had a major role, especially in Euphemia.
-Trentannia's Postwar role: Recovered quickly after losing like RL Germany and Japan but without the foreign intervention.

Some things we should establish:
I see Trentannia as a huge England, rather than the whole of the UK. I don't see Scotland, Wales or Norn Iron, just England.

There was more but I blanked midway through this... Crying

Last edited by Will on Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

2 Re: Roles of Trentannia on Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:50 pm

Scotch Moen

Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)
Wait so Trentannia was a Regal but lost?

View user profile http://www.dehyan.deviantart.com

3 Re: Roles of Trentannia on Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:53 pm

Will

Member (GSK)
oh fail... Imperial, not Regal. I was neutral when we made the GAW History so I didn't pay attention, therefore my names are mixed up Razz

http://usnw-wiki.wikkii.net/w/index.php?title=Great_Adonian_War

View user profile

4 Re: Roles of Trentannia on Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:11 pm

Well, I'm still working on my history, but I was wondering if Trentannia could have defeated the Loftindorian fleet during the colonial era, to prevent Loftindor from colonizing the "New world" which led Loftindor to make colonies on Nerieda.

5 Re: Roles of Trentannia on Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:56 pm

Jack

Member (Acadia & Valessia)
In my history, Acadia had a huge wave of immigration from Trentannia in the late 1700's during a war in Trentannia. Razz

6 Re: Roles of Trentannia on Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:18 pm

Maybe it could have been a war with Loftindor?

7 Re: Roles of Trentannia on Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:12 am

Perhaps that "war in Trentannia" could be the Adonian equivalent of the English Civil War?

View user profile

8 Re: Roles of Trentannia on Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:45 am

Scotch Moen

Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)
Only history of Trentannia involving Follvirkeland was their "almost" attack during the GAW (since i moved to Euphemia). But nothing else. Most of my history revolves around Mervey until about the 1900s, then it's just me all by my lonesome. Razz

Although my nation's second national language is Trentannian. I guess then Follvirkeland would have to have seen an influx of immigrants from Trentannia sometime after the war.

View user profile http://www.dehyan.deviantart.com

9 Re: Roles of Trentannia on Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:09 am

Trentannia unfavorably helped Nilia fight off Posillipo who were trying to take it over (despite Nilia not wanting Trentannia to help at all)

View user profile

10 Re: Roles of Trentannia on Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:14 am

Trentannia was against Zhung in the Opium War (1839–42) in which it gained control of Ningíbo (aka HK) until 1997.

11 Re: Roles of Trentannia on Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:21 pm

Jack

Escilnavia wrote:Maybe it could have been a war with Loftindor?

Daniel wrote:Perhaps that "war in Trentannia" could be the Adonian equivalent of the English Civil War?

I am okay with either of these. Smile

12 Re: Roles of Trentannia on Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:33 pm

Dan, could it please be with Loftindor, because it would make sense just like I explained earlier?

13 Re: Roles of Trentannia on Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:32 am

Well, perhaps those two wars could be within a decade or so of each other. Jack's history places the war in Trentannia, after all (although if he's fine with the Loftindorian War being "that war" as seems apparent, then I don't have any problems with it either). Razz

Perhaps we can move the Trentannian Civil War to the 1600s...

View user profile

14 Re: Roles of Trentannia on Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:06 am

If you want the Trentannian Civil War to be like the English civil war then I suggest it is placed around the 1640's.

15 Re: Roles of Trentannia on Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:42 am

Jack

Acadia became independent in 1789, and some kind of war occurred after this date in Trentannia. I can modify my history to make it work with Loftindor's war. Wink

16 Re: Roles of Trentannia on Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:20 pm

Thats great, thanks Jack.

17 Re: Roles of Trentannia on Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:19 pm

Jack

So can we say, "Trentannian Citizens fled the country after a draft was enacted for the war in Loftindor"? I'll need some more information. Wink

18 Re: Roles of Trentannia on Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:04 pm

Will

Member (GSK)
New thought posed. Did Trentannia colonize Samastra?

View user profile

19 Re: Roles of Trentannia on Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:27 pm

Samastra?

View user profile

20 Re: Roles of Trentannia on Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:39 pm

Samastra is Adonia's Indian type nation I believe

21 Re: Roles of Trentannia on Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:50 pm

I believe so, then.

View user profile

22 Re: Roles of Trentannia on Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:13 pm

Trevy

Member (New Terrance)
Member (New Terrance)
When New Terrance fought Greater Morsco for Independence the 2nd time, Trentannia allied with us. Needless to say we owed them money, so they tried to take control of us, for a while it worked due to poor leadership but finally a war broke out in New Terrance. It lasted a few years but New Terrance finally gained full sovereignty.

View user profile

23 Re: Roles of Trentannia on Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:42 pm

Jack

Ah, Trentannia needs to win a war soon. Very Happy

Maybe we should say Samastra is a commonwealth nation of Trentannia?

24 Re: Roles of Trentannia on Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:25 am

Most of Trentannia's old colonies would be in the commonwealth even if just to compete in the commonwealth games Razz

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum