The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Questions about Rylet and Cascadia

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Questions about Rylet and Cascadia Empty Questions about Rylet and Cascadia Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:47 pm

1. Were the two users connected in any way?

2. What exactly did they do to attempt to "take over" the USNW?

3. Was Matt connected with this?

4. When exactly did they attempt to "take over"?

5. Are these two users banned permanently?

2Questions about Rylet and Cascadia Empty Re: Questions about Rylet and Cascadia Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:07 am

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

Uhh, Maybe?

Saathoff gave himself Admin powers and blocked everyone on the Wiki.

Dunno who Matt is.

Couple weeks ago?

Apparently Saathoff still isn't permabanned, but the other guy is.

http://www.dehyan.deviantart.com

3Questions about Rylet and Cascadia Empty Re: Questions about Rylet and Cascadia Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:39 am

Jack

Jack
Member (Acadia & Valessia)

1. Nate and Tyler were friends, yes.
2. Mostly towards the end of June.
3. Matt/Androidboi suddenly returned to the site and sided with Nate.
4. June 24th. Link
5. Tyler was made a secret admin, and his entire account was removed. Nate was banned, and Matt was banned later.

Matt/Androidboi and Nate hijacked the wiki and banned everyone but themselves and Tyler. There is an entire wiki article I made on this, but Carl sadly locked me out of it. Neutral

Something you might want to see:
Questions about Rylet and Cascadia Terrib11
That is Nate's map. Razz

Later, Nate contacted me on Skype and we negotiated about getting the wiki back. (He claimed he was "protecting" the wiki.) At the end, Will and the other wiki admins made a new wiki and no-longer needed the old one.

I hope this helped.

4Questions about Rylet and Cascadia Empty Re: Questions about Rylet and Cascadia Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:58 am

Scotch Moen

Scotch Moen
Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)

Oh yeah, Nate was redrawing Euphemia's borders, and gave a chunk of Kurt's land to his friend.

http://www.dehyan.deviantart.com

5Questions about Rylet and Cascadia Empty Re: Questions about Rylet and Cascadia Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:04 am

Daniel

Daniel

Escilnavia wrote:1. Were the two users connected in any way?
Yes, they lived only a few kilometers apart and were friends in real life.

2. What exactly did they do to attempt to "take over" the USNW?
Saathoff promoted his friend to Admin without consulting (or even telling) anyone else, and then illegally appointed him in charge of several important capacities (including "Head of NPC Affairs"). Saathoff also abused his admin powers somewhat by deleting a trial thread to impeach him - instead of archiving it, which I was planning to do mere minutes before he deleted it.

3. Was Matt connected with this?
Yes, he was Nate's sole supporter (besides Tyler), and assisted in the wiki hijacking.

4. When exactly did they attempt to "take over"?
Most notably the wiki, but they also attempted to take over the map, control of all NPCs, and presumably the rest of the Union from there.

5. Are these two users banned permanently?
Yes, they are.

6Questions about Rylet and Cascadia Empty Re: Questions about Rylet and Cascadia Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:18 pm

Carl

Carl

Escilnavia wrote:1. Were the two users connected in any way?
Nate and Tyler were neighbours and they are best friends. Both are soccer fanatics and both are involved in a group called the "Heartland Horde", an organization that has ties to the Emerald City Supporters, a fan club of the Seattle Sounders Football Club. Both were also involved in the AIN October Crisis in 2009, when the two of them were permanently banned in the Union.

Escilnavia wrote:2. What exactly did they do to attempt to "take over" the USNW?
Nate made Tyler a "secret admin" and began changing some materials in the USNW, starting with the mapmaking. Nate also "took charge" of the Adonian Games Committee, saying that he's the head of it. Also, he made Tyler, an ambassadorial member, into the "Chairman of the Committee of Non-Player Affairs" and placed himself, Tyler and Jon into the "Cartographic Committee".

Escilnavia wrote:3. Was Matt connected with this?
Yes, if you want proof, go to the old Wiki USNW page. He clearly stated that he is a "wiki god". Might as well show the public soon Wink.

Escilnavia wrote:4. When exactly did they attempt to "take over"?
When Nate resigned, stating that he will be the "Maintenance Admin"

Escilnavia wrote:5. Are these two users banned permanently?
3, not 2, are banned permanently.

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

7Questions about Rylet and Cascadia Empty Re: Questions about Rylet and Cascadia Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:04 pm

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

see above for everything but, if anyone wants to see a copy, either of the thread in image form, or the text of the Trial, I do have copies. pm me.

8Questions about Rylet and Cascadia Empty Re: Questions about Rylet and Cascadia Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:10 am

Thanks you all I was just a bit confused about what happened, and did it have anything to do with what I saw on the wiki earlier when it said:

Chip created USNW, therefore Chip is God of USNW. Matt created wiki, therefore Matt is God of wiki.
(Insert pic of Troll saying, "problem?")

9Questions about Rylet and Cascadia Empty Re: Questions about Rylet and Cascadia Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:11 am

Jack

Jack

Yes, it did. Matt is just being a smartass. Matt blocked everyone from the wiki and posted that after Bigro (I think it was Bigro) said Chip was the God of USNW because he created the site.

10Questions about Rylet and Cascadia Empty Re: Questions about Rylet and Cascadia Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:12 pm

Thanks Jack Smile

11Questions about Rylet and Cascadia Empty Re: Questions about Rylet and Cascadia Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:56 pm

Carl

Carl

Time Machine! Razz

It wasn't actually bigro who said it, since bigro only said that Chip owns the site as if it was a business, so the god thing was Matt's idea. Didn't turn out well (Check Mine and Jack's Siggie Razz)

androidboi wrote:
bigro wrote:bro dude bro.

So again, welcome to the real world, take a ticket, sit down and get in line for miracles like the rest of us.
Of course, in this case, miracles are when Chip puts his prick deep into your pooper. Very Happy

As for me, I hate the idea of losing all my valuable work when one person decides enough's enough. So far, only God has that right. In the real world, Chip =/= God. In the real world, Chip is just a hick from the South who gets a kick out of controlling people like you through the internet.

Don't even bother with a charter, Chip. You can obviously do whatever you please with these guys.

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

12Questions about Rylet and Cascadia Empty Re: Questions about Rylet and Cascadia Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:12 am

Will

Will
Member (GSK)

Bigro wrote:
androidboi wrote:
bigro wrote:bro dude bro.

So again, welcome to the real world, take a ticket, sit down and get in line for miracles like the rest of us.
Of course, in this case, miracles are when Chip puts his prick deep into your pooper. Very Happy

As for me, I hate the idea of losing all my valuable work when one person decides enough's enough. So far, only God has that right. In the real world, Chip =/= God. In the real world, Chip is just a hick from the South who gets a kick out of controlling people like you through the internet.

Don't even bother with a charter, Chip. You can obviously do whatever you please with these guys.

Chip made the site

Chip is god of USNW

end of story

Actually... ^ but the wiki's again, no big deal, we've got a new one.

13Questions about Rylet and Cascadia Empty Re: Questions about Rylet and Cascadia Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:46 am

Thanks guys Smile and Carl, I love your signature!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum