You are not connected. Please login or register

Follandan Informer

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 4 of 23]

76 Re: Follandan Informer on Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:21 pm

Jack

Member (Acadia & Valessia)
I need to get on Skype soon so Acadia can get involved with this. But, I also had other plans for Adonia's Middle East. GAW 2 anyone? Razz

77 Re: Follandan Informer on Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:07 pm

Considering the nuclear proliferation since the original GAW (which would mean that another one would likely go nuclear), I'm not too keen on the idea. Razz

It's one of the main reasons why we haven't had a Third World War in real-life, too. Each side would nuke the other to bits within days. Razz

However, there is an ongoing regional war in the area (currently involving Folland and Malo, ostensibly against Forgian and Zebtesian terrorists), in case anyone's interested. Razz

View user profile

78 Re: Follandan Informer on Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:18 pm

However, as with the Cold War, both countries were scared to launch nuclear weapons since they know that they would be attacked back, and both wanted to reign supreme over the other, and I expect that that will happen in GAW 2 if it's made, also as Dan said there is a terrorist cell already in that area that's causing a regional war.

What I say is that you do something like the Cold War, a classic Capitalist vs Communist war but with actual fighting this time. This could also be the ladder for the communist terrorist cell in Eastern Althena to attack the USNW around there, so I say go for that even Very Happy

View user profile

79 Re: Follandan Informer on Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:46 pm

xDxDxD Communists and Capitalists

View user profile http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

80 Re: Follandan Informer on Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:27 pm

Jack

I like Ying's idea. Razz We should make a Cold War project similar to the GAW project.

There already seems to be a cold war starting in Euphemia between Folland and Acadia.

81 Re: Follandan Informer on Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:01 pm

Scotch Moen

Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)
The term you guys are looking for is Mutually Assured Destruction. Because of this nations would be too afraid to release nuclear ordinance, fearing an unimaginable retaliation. So yes another Great Adonian War is possible of staying conventional since leaders are too afraid to push the big red button.

Also, I've almost totally forgotten about Acadia's involvement in this since Jack had gone hiatus for a bit. Dear god what have I done? Razz

View user profile http://www.dehyan.deviantart.com

82 Re: Follandan Informer on Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:47 pm

Qorten

Member (Ami Confederation)
Created the setup for some good roleplaying I've been wanting to see! Wink

View user profile

83 Re: Follandan Informer on Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:46 am

If the actual Cold War had had Russians vs. Americans fighting, then it wouldn't have been a "cold" war. It's why that period was littered with proxy wars such as Korea and Vietnam. Razz

Hmmm...proxy wars. Sounds like an idea to me.

View user profile

84 Re: Follandan Informer on Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:51 am

Scotch Moen

Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)
Breaking News

- -

Chancellor Moen along with members of the High Council have reached out to the Ivouixkaw Federation, negotiating to find a reason behind their aggressive attack on Folland Civillian targets. So far the response from the current leadership of Ivouixkaw is scarce, with most of it claiming Folland to be "Imperialist thugs". A reporter was attempted to be embedded with the Government but so far the Media has been refused to witness negotiations with the Federation. We'll give you reports as they become available to the public.

In related news, President Johnson of Acadia has signed into law the Sovereignty Act, which gives the President the power to forcibly annex any international land without the approval of the Assembly. His reasons mainly resided behind Folland's declaration of War on Ivouixkaw. The Act has sent worries through the Capital, fearing an Acadian intervention against Folland.

It has been confirmed from viable sources that Chancellor Moen has reached out for help from President Ronald Smith of Shayden.

-

In other news, evacuations of border towns continue as thousands of residents are having difficulty leaving their belongings. The emptied towns are being refilled with a Military presence.

85 Re: Follandan Informer on Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:13 pm

Jack

Devil *Pictures the my avatar picture on the billboards of Folland* (jk)

Before this all happened, the Ivouixkaw Fed. was listed as having excellent relations with Acadia, but that should probably change now that their government has been overthrown. Razz

86 Re: Follandan Informer on Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:23 pm

LOL I smell imperialism Razz

87 Re: Follandan Informer on Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:39 pm

Scotch Moen

Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)
Breaking News

- - -

It's been confirmed from the Government that Chancellor Moen will not send troops into Ivouixkaw. After the Air Force's night time raid on Ivouixkaw Military targets, no confrontations have been seen from the Federation and negotiations are still ongoing. Military analysts suggest that Ivouixkaw "woke a sleeping giant" and don't wish to waste more attacks and bear even harsher Airborne retaliation or even full scale invasion.

Other sources have rumored that infighting may have occurred within the Ivouixkaw Capital city, possibly between coup forces and troops loyal to the original Government. We don't have facts to speculate further, but these signs hint that the war may be over sometime soon. However Folland military forces still occupy borders towns, ready for anything.

-

In other news, ANN has reported a Military invasion in the Middle East by Hedjaz forces into the small neighboring country of Sharan. Analysts believe the invasion was in response to the 40 million eneios Sharan owes to Hedjaz for a previous war, but the Hedjaz government states that Sharan is a province of Hedjaz that they are forcibly taking control of. More on this as it develops.

Chancellor Moen, busy with the war with Ivouixkaw did let out a statement about the events unfolding overseas, saying "We cannot involve ourselves in something (like that) with threat of attack right on our own borders. However we have troops in Malo...that will have to be enough."

88 Re: Follandan Informer on Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:12 am

Jack

No invasion? Sad Darn.

89 Re: Follandan Informer on Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:54 am

On behalf of the Imperial Federal Kingdom, I applaud the efforts of the Follandian government to maintain peace in the region, and we pray for the political situation in the central Euphemian nations of Ivoixkaw and Fraesia to return entirely to normal soon.

- King-Emperor Charles I

View user profile

90 Re: Follandan Informer on Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:56 am

Scotch Moen

Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)
Breaking News

- - -

Sources within the USNW Assembly report the court case between the governments of Folland and Acadia is breaking down, and Folland has asked the Consul to place a verdict. Rumors are spreading, however, that Folland is close to having to resort to placing an Ultimatum on the Acadian Government.

- -

Shock has spread through the Capital as the nation of Marqualis, a recent addition to the United Sovereign Nations has supported Acadia in the occupation of Fraesia, sending it's own forces to bolster the Acadian presence.

- -

The conflict with Ivouixkaw has died down as the Ivouixkaw military has stopped being hostile. A peace keeping delegation has been sent to their Capital in order to arrange a Treaty. Word of demilitarizing Ivouixkaw considerably has arisen, but not confirmed.

- -

The 2nd Fleet has set out from their home base in Kristinsund Naval Yards and have been spotted heading north, presumably to the Ruterian Canal. No official word on their departure has been given.

91 Re: Follandan Informer on Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:18 pm

Jack

I like how everything is "Breaking News". Razz

Interesting stories. It's good to hear Folland's perspective.

92 Re: Follandan Informer on Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:43 pm

Scotch Moen

Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)
In the News Today,

- -

:Major turn-around for Government.

News has been met with shock and surprise when Chancellor Moen made a speech to the Nation on all major channels, making things "clear" to the people about the state of the Continent regarding the Folland government's view.

"Citizens of Folland, these past weeks have been nothing but trying. We've had towns attacked by our neighbors, threats from outside our borders, no matter how indirect or direct they may be. But I am here to say this to you all. Acadia is not our enemy. The Acadian occupation of our neighbor Fraesia has been met with disdain, anger, approval by some, and mostly disgust. But the whole trust was not known. As you all have seen by now, President Johnson of Acadia has spoken about his government's intent with Fraesia, and what is said is not negative. Disregarding what Acadia may or may not have done in the beginning, they are the ones repairing a damaged Fraesia, giving them a freedom from a Varcame regime. Once the new Fraesian government has taken place, Acadian troops will pull out entirely, and leave the Fraesians to live their lives. As of this moment, I've had the entire Folland Military stand down, and I wish to apologize not only to this nation's people, but to our international allies for this Government's misguided and involuntary acts of inciting distaste toward our Acadian neighbors. We will work toward making a better, friendlier world. Goodnight Folland."

International reaction is yet to be known. Already message boards are swarmed with opinions from the populace, but it looks like the speech is being met with general approval.

:Mistrust brings Unforeseen Relations

The current tensions rising in Euphemia mainly between Acadia and Folland have brought an unforeseen rise in relations with the nearby nation of Kaskaskia. The administration there stated a high disapproval of Acadia's actions and have supported Folland in most aspects. As the tensions may begin to die down, this new found diplomacy with Kaskaskia surely wont disappear.

:Embargoes Everywhere, but Folland stays out.

Several nations across the United Sovereign Nations have imposed trade Embargoes upon the Acadian Federation, in an attempt to pressure a withdraw from Fraesia. So far the countries of Kaskaskia, Kuyrut, and Paradise have initiated a trade Embargo, however the 'main player' of the international tension against Acadia has yet to introduce an Embargo of it's own.

93 Re: Follandan Informer on Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:04 pm

LOL Razz

94 Re: Follandan Informer on Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:53 am

Jack

I like it. Very Happy The two enemies at the beginning are now figuratively shaking hands. Smile

95 Re: Follandan Informer on Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:30 am

Then there's Nilia and Okaiken in the background saying "Why don't they listen in the first place"

View user profile

96 Re: Follandan Informer on Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:20 am

Then behind them there is Zhung and Shayden saying 'And you call that a war? Bitches please'

97 Re: Follandan Informer on Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:25 pm

Jack

Lol. Acadia has probably had more war experience than Shayden. Razz But we did fight out war for independence together.

98 Re: Follandan Informer on Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:52 pm

stanislavsoltys

Member (Malinova)
Member (Malinova)
And I'm standing there wondering... pizza! Razz

View user profile http://www.freetrojan.gov/obamacare/government-funding.htm

99 Re: Follandan Informer on Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:45 pm

LOL Guys xDxD

Well it's nice to see Folland open up or something Razz

100 Re: Follandan Informer on Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:48 am

Scotch Moen

Member (Folland)
Member (Folland)
In the News Today

- -

Changing Times

The great plains regions of Folland are under the threat of change as the area previously dominated by the Agriculture industry is being replaced by manufacturing. Numerous farmers are having difficulty keeping up with the drop in profits as manufactured goods being produced and sold in the area sell for less than what the farmers require to keep up with their cost of living. Officials have taken to town hall meetings to discuss appropriate restrictions on manufacturers to keep the Farmlands in business and profitable.

The Future of Politics

Chancellor Moen today has discussed the future of relations with neighboring Euhpemian nations. Relations with neighboring Acadia are apparently sour with the recent political 'tussle' over Fraesia, but still has room to repair itself. Kaskaskian officials have expressed support of a Kaskaska/Folland friendship while Chancellor Moen still struggles to determine where Folland stands with the newly USNW accepted nation of Marqualis, who has jumped into the Fraesian fray full force. Friendly approval has been recently found in Folland's northern neighbor of Kuyrut whereas previous relations where somewhat tense. Chancellor Moen hopes to brighten relations as much as possible. Shayden remains at the top of the list with strong relations, as Chancellor Moen and President Smith are as well good friends.

Stock Market Tumble

The week ended in surprise as the Stock Market closed 84 points under, marking the first major dip in the Stock Market in years. Analysts predicted the hit would come due to tense decrease in international trade to and through the nation of Acadia, but the close still rattled traders as Folland's economy has usually remained stable.

Last edited by Michael-M on Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 23]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum