The United Sovereign Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The United Sovereign Nations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Case Proposal: Insulo, Shayden, Ruteria, et al. vs. Raelion Cae Magnus

+6
Qorten
Carl
Daniel
Fox
androidboi
ForthWall
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Fox

Awesome details there 9988 .. can't wait to see how people respond now.

Thanks for giving us a lot more information, I only wish this had been brought up during the actual case.

Daniel

Daniel

I uphold the verdict of guilt previously passed for Raelion Cae, as even if it was a subsidary that did the actual killing as you say, it was Raelion Cae that allowed it to happen in the first place. Also, if I read the above correctly, Raelion Cae used, and might still be using, anywhere from 709 to 5000 people for forced labor (effectively reducing them to slavery), which is illegal according to the Union Charter.

If an intermediate estimate of 3000 people forced into slavery is averaged over 12 years, that would mean that an average of 5 people EVERY WEEK were enslaved during that time period; that is not a minor human rights violation. If you raise the estimate to the maximum of 5000, the number of new forced-labor workers increases to 8 per week. Even if you go by the official number of 709, that still means that every two weeks, someone was enslaved by RCM. Thus, I cannot in good conscience declare Raelion Cae innocent of human rights violations.

Also, as I said previously, arrest warrants have already been issued for the Chief Executive Officers of those 8 major and 47 minor subsidaries. As for the request to rescind the dissolution order, it shall be brought before the plaintiffs, and, in my opinion, it will most likely be granted.

On the topic of fines, I agree with the Greater Morscan Ministry of Justice, but I also believe that the families of those affected, by either the environmental damage, the human rights violations, or both, should also recieve compensation, adding an additional fine of no less than 75 million Enieos, which I believe to, despite being a mere fraction of the environmental fine for Okaiken [formerly Troix] and Shayden combined, be enough to compensate the peoples whose lives were disrupted by the environmental disasters caused by Raelion Cae.

Looks like this appeal is going on for longer than I thought Razz

Carl

Carl

I have to bring this here, since it was still unanswered. Razz

Government of Okaiken wrote:However, if you you say that it's impossible that the chemicals might come from the super pits, explain to us how you separate your gold. Does your company use solvents that contain cyanide? Where do you throw these mixture after you separated the gold from it? I would also like to take note that you have industrial companies located in the coast, and it seems that they are dumping dangerous chemicals in the Katsuran Sea.

Victim Impact Statement by Usami Nabuto and the Okaiken Government
We always believe that the responsibility is on Raelion Cae, since they controlled they control the subsidiaries. It is the company's responsibility to observe the activities of its subsidiaries. On the environmental side, even though it is irreversible, Raelion Cae should have been responsible in the first place, since they already damaged some of the beautiful areas recklessly. But, we are not asking for Raelion Cae to dissolve, but continue on with safety, equality and environmentally friendliness in mind.

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

Daniel

Daniel

The Consul would like to inquire if the indicted CEOs of the named subsidaries have been apprehended yet.

ForthWall

ForthWall
Member (Kuyrut)
Member (Kuyrut)

We would like to wrap up the trial?

Daniel

Daniel

To conclude the trial, I reaffirm my previous verdict of guilt of all charges against Rælion Cæ, and hereby resentence Count Ælsthron Iallon II to thirty years in jail with chance of parole after fifteen years, and the members of the Executive Cabinet, including Chief Executive Officer Antonius Emerinicon, to life in jail with chance of parole after forty years. I also fine Rælion Cæ the sum of 45,075,000,000 Enieos, which shall be split up into 15 billion Enieos going towards repairing environmental damages in the Greater Morsco, 10 billion Enieos going towards repairing the environment in Quechina, 10 billion towards environmental restoration in all affected Itzamnan nations, 5 billion towards restoring the Sanese environment to pristine condition, 5 billion towards the environment of Shayden (which includes the Special District of Kuyrut), and 75 million Enieos as reparations for the families of those affected adversely by the actions of Rælion Cæ Magnus.

Before I close the case, any last questions?

Fox

/cheer

Yeah, I have one. Why has been Aelsthron II Palatine Count Iallon sentenced? He has almost no influence to Raelion Cae. Also, Prime Minister Harris Johan Trambialos appeals to USNW court to keep Aelsthron II Pallatine Count Iallon in Greater Morsco, to be imprisoned there. It is our citizen, and because Greater Morsco is country most harmed and affected by Raelion Cae enviromental damages, he must be kept there, maybe additionally brought to our national Supreme Court, where we will define whether he is guilty or innocent. We also ask for all sentenced people of Raelion Cae to be kept in Greater Morsco, and then transported to National Prison in Canconomicum.

Carl

Carl

Yeah, that would be good if they will be imprisoned in Morsco since their Morscan Citizens.

Fox

Can't wait to see where they are goaled and whether the First Minister is also being coerced by unseen forces and how long it takes for the corrupt Morsco Government to reverse the verdict...

Ooohh..

/me gets the popcorn and sits and waits

Carl

Carl

If they do, I will launch a court case against Morsco...

ForthWall

ForthWall
Member (Kuyrut)
Member (Kuyrut)

I think we should jail them in a third party nation's prision

Fox

Both worthy options.

I think we should assassinate them and make it look like a plane crash!

bigro

bigro

You could always do what Akemoor would do, let the people decide! tar and feather

Fox

lol

Carl

Carl

LOL Guys Razz

Daniel

Daniel

The High Court orders that those convicted in this trial shall be gaoled in a member nation that was neutral (i.e. not one of those who was either supporting Raelion Cae, affected by the corporation, one of the plaintiffs, or a combination); the nations that are currently known to fit under these definitions and are thus candidates for hosting those convicted are Ordanus, Sukoyria, Viatica, the Imperial Federal Kingdom, Paradise, Cardinalsburgate, Dantanaea, and Aquilonia.

Count Ælsthron II Palpatine, Count Iallon may be extradited to Greater Morsco per their government's request after either his sentence has run out, he is paroled after fifteen years of serving his sentence, or if he is pardoned at the Union level by a member of the Executive Cabinet. Also, he will still remain the owner of Raelion Cae Magnus while behind bars.

ForthWall

ForthWall
Member (Kuyrut)
Member (Kuyrut)

Good Job Daniel, I suggest Ordanus or Paradise, they seem the least corrupt

Fox

Ordanus no longer exists.

But Asgard would be willing to host an International goal to house those convicted through the USNW International Court.

Government of the Republic of Greater Morsco proposes, that they should be sent to Paradise since Asgard was not neutral during the process.

Daniel

Daniel

The prisoners will be kept in Wela Pohaku National Prison on Helena Island, one of the Commonwealth of Paradise's many islands. The island is just north of Stevenson, the northernmost city in the Commonwealth.

The case is closed, and the thread will be locked and archived within 48 hours.

Carl

Carl

We congratulate everyone who helped in this case, including all our government supporters. We have brought them to justice!

Fox

Good to see this long running case finally over.

Kurt

Kurt
Admin (Shayden)
Admin (Shayden)

Justice has been done. Great job guys! Smile

Daniel

Daniel

Indeed, all of you did a very good job in what is probably the longest single roleplay we have ever had that didn't involve military forces (February 1 to March 24 - that's 53 days). Smile

Last edited by Daniel on Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum